Warm up on a cold winter's day with a steaming bowl of this scrumptious Vegetarian White Bean Chili!
It has been so cold this week. I am talking single digits ... brr!
All I wanted to do these past few days was stay inside, snuggled under a warm blanket.
Of course, between work and play, that just wasn't possible.
Vegetarian White Bean Chili
One thing that always keeps me going on a frigid day is the promise of a warm, delicious meal when I return home.
This Vegetarian Chili is the perfect way to warm your bones on an icy day.
It's easy to make and full of tasty flavors.
When I started working on this recipe, I wanted trying to create a vegetarian version of white chicken chili.
My Vegetarian White Chili ended up tasting more like a creamy white bean soup though, and it was far too rich. One thing I love about vegetarian chili is that it's usually pretty healthy, so the cream had to go!
This White Chili was my second attempt at the recipe, and it couldn't be more delicious!
I kept the white beans, but went with a tomato-chile base that's hearty and full of flavor, but still light and healthy.
This White Bean Chili is flavored with three types of peppers: mild poblanos, spicy jalapeños, and sweet red peppers.
For a pepper and bean chili, it's actually very mild. So don't be scared away if you're not a fan of spicy food!
Serve this Three Pepper Vegetarian White Bean Chili with your favorite toppings (I love sour cream, avocado, and cilantro) for an easy cold weather meal!
Loved this Vegetarian White Bean Chili?
If you enjoyed this delicious vegan chili, then you'll want to try my other chili recipes, too!
- Vegetarian Chili (a classic recipe!)
- Crock Pot Three Bean Chili
- Stove Top Frito Pie
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Chili
Three Pepper Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- sour cream (use dairy free if vegan)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or large pot.
- Add onions, poblano, and red pepper to pot. Saute vegetables until softened and starting to brown.
- Mix garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, cumin, and salt into veggies. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, and corn to pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until veggies are soft and chili is thick, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasoning with extra salt, if desired.
- Serve hot, topped with sour cream, chopped avocado, and cilantro. Enjoy!
What is your favorite winter meal?