The tasty Tomato Avocado Sandwich with Creamy Yogurt Dressing is the perfect summer sandwich … fresh, easy to make, and super delish!
When I was a kid, my mom always maintained a large garden. We ate out of that garden—beans, tomatoes, and corn were staples—all summer long.
My sister and I each had our own patch, too. I won’t lie, mine was usually overtaken with weeds by the middle of summer.
The thought of that weedy patch still makes me smile!
Of course, now that I live in the city, garden fresh tomatoes are a little harder to come by. They’re definitely worth seeking out though, especially for this Tomato Avocado Sandwich!
Tomato Avocado Sandwich
There is nothing quite like summer produce.
Sure, fresh veggies are available year round, but they’re at their peak of flavor right now!
This Tomato Avocado Sandwich with Creamy Yogurt Dressing takes full advantage of delicious summer vegetables. Plus, there’s no cooking required … perfect for a hot summer day!
How to Make the Sandwich
The star of this sandwich is the Creamy Yogurt Dressing.
To make the dressing, you’ll start with thick, creamy Greek yogurt. Then, simply stir in fresh garlic and basil, plus sriracha for a little kick.
Spread the yogurt dressing on whole wheat bread, add some tomatoes and avocado, and your sandwich is ready to savor. How easy was that?
It’s easy to put your own stamp on this Tomato Avocado Sandwich! Simply add your favorite herbs and spices to the yogurt sauce. Chopped capers and olives would also be delicious.
Tomato Avocado Sandwich with Creamy Yogurt Dressing
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Mix together yogurt, basil, garlic, and sriracha. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread bread slices with yogurt dressing.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add avocados, then top with another slice of bread.
- Serve sandwiches immediately. Enjoy!
What is your favorite summer sandwich?