Learn how to make Watermelon Juice! This fresh Watermelon Juice recipe is so simple to make. It’s ready in minutes, super healthy, and totally delicious!
This post contains affiliate links.
There’s nothing that screams summer quite like watermelon, am I right?
As much as I love watermelon though, sometimes it’s hard to know what to do with a giant melon. Unless you’re having a party, a whole watermelon (or even half) is a lot to eat.
That was exactly what happened to me when I made a batch of Watermelon Popsicles a few weeks ago. I still had half a melon leftover after making the pops and eating more than my fair share watermelon slices, too.
I sampled a little fresh juice while making the popsicles, and it was super tasty and refreshing. So I decided to make fresh Watermelon Juice with the rest, and let me tell you, it was so amazing! Sweet, refreshing, and so delish … you are definitely going to want this easy recipe, too!
Watermelon Juice Recipe
I’d actually never had Watermelon Juice before concocting this recipe, and I feel like I’ve been missing out!
This delicious watermelon drink couldn’t be easier to make with only three ingredients. And unlike many juices, this sweet elixir can be made in the blender … no juicer required.
The best part is that not only is this natural Watermelon Juice totally delicious, it’s super healthy, too!
Health Benefits of Watermelon Juice
Juice sometimes gets a bad rap health-wise, so you may be wondering “Is Watermelon Juice healthy?”
If you’ve even bitten into a watermelon (I think we’ve all done that!), you know that they’re super juicy. In fact, watermelons are almost all water … about 92%. So one of the best Watermelon Juice benefits is that it’s naturally hydrating and refreshing.
Watermelons are also packed with vitamins A, B6 and C. And they’re a great source of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. Plus, they’re fat free and low-cal.
So not only is drinking this juice delicious, it’s also pretty good for you (in moderation, of course)!
How to Make Watermelon Juice
So let’s talk about how to make the juice … it’s so simple!
Watermelon Juice Ingredients
You only need three ingredients for this easy watermelon drink:
- seedless watermelon (chilled)
- fresh lime juice
- sugar (optional)
The lime juice brightens the fresh fruit flavor of this yummy drink, and the sugar intensifies the melon’s sweetness. Of course, watermelons are naturally sweet, so you can leave out the sugar if you wish. Or replace it with honey or maple syrup … it’s up to you.
By the way, I used half a watermelon for this recipe (which yielded about 12 cups chopped fruit). You can easily scale this recipe up or down, depending on how much melon you have on hand though.
To make the juice, combine the watermelon chunks, lime juice, and sugar (if using) in your blender. Then simply purée the melon until totally smooth. It should take about a minute. Give the juice a quick stir about half way through, only if needed.
If you prefer, you can strain the watermelon purée before serving with fine mesh strainer. I don’t think that’s really necessary though, since it’s not overly pulpy.
I’d recommend chilling the watermelon before puréeing it. That way the juice is chilled and ready to drink, but you can serve it over ice, too.
Want to take your juice to the next level? Enhance the flavor of your fresh watermelon drink by adding fresh herbs like basil or mint. Doesn’t that sound refreshing?
How Long Does Watermelon Juice Last in the Fridge?
Any leftover juice needs to be chilled. You can store the fresh juice in the refrigerator for up to three days … if it lasts that long!
The pulp does have a tendency to settle, so give the juice a quick stir before serving.
You could also try freezing the leftover juice if you can’t drink it all within a few days.
How to Use Watermelon Juice
My favorite way to use this tasty juice is simply to drink it. It’s kind of irresistible and makes a refreshing treat on a hot day.
If you’re looking for other watermelon drink recipes, here are some ideas:
- Watermelon Water – Strain juice in a fine mesh strainer, then combine with equal parts water (still or sparkling water). Serve over frozen watermelon cubes or ice cubes.
- Watermelon Agua Fresca – Combine 1/3 of the juice with 1/2 cup water (add more sugar, if desired). Serve over ice, garnished with mint.
- Watermelon Cocktails – Add a shot of vodka to the juice for a super simple watermelon cocktail. Combine juice with extra lime and tequila for a margarita. Mix the juice with white wine and chunks of fresh fruit for an easy sangria. Or freeze the juice along with vodka or tequila to make a boozy slushie.
- Watermelon Ice Pops – Use the juice to make homemade watermelon popsicles.
- 12 cups chopped watermelon (about 1/2 a large melon)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)*
- 8 thin slices lime (optional)
- Combine watermelon, lime juice, and sugar in a blender. (You may need to do this in batches).
- Puree watermelon until totally smooth.
- Transfer juice to a pitcher. (Strain through a fine mesh strainer first to remove pulp, if preferred.)
- Serve juice cold, garnished with a lime slice (optional). Enjoy!
Can’t get enough watermelon?
Are you as big of a watermelon fan as I am? Then, you’ll also want to try these recipes:
And make sure to check out these other healthy summer drinks, too!
- Iced Green Tea with Coconut Water
- Berry Green Smoothie
- Ginger Melon Green Tea
- Mint Peach Green Tea Cooler
What is your favorite way to enjoy watermelon?