Learn how to make Watermelon Juice at home! This fresh juice recipe is super easy to make. It's ready in minutes, healthy, and refreshing ... plus, it's so delicious that you'll want to drink it all summer long!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There's nothing that screams summer quite like a fresh, juicy watermelon, am I right? As much as I love watermelon though, sometimes it's hard to know what to do with a giant melon. Unless you're having a party, a whole watermelon (or even half) is a lot to eat.
That was exactly what happened to me when I made a batch of Watermelon Popsicles a few weeks ago. I still had half a melon leftover after making the pops and eating more than my fair share watermelon slices, too.
I sampled a little fresh juice while making the popsicles, and it was super tasty and refreshing. So I decided to make a big batch of fresh Watermelon Juice with the rest, and let me tell you ... it was so amazing!
You are going to LOVE this homemade juice! It's sweet, refreshing, and best of all, so easy to make! It's ready in minutes, and you don't even need a juicer.
Ready to start sipping? Then keep scrolling for the delicious details!
You only need three ingredients for this fresh watermelon drink:
- Watermelon - Choose a seedless watermelon for this recipe. I used half a large watermelon for this recipe (which yielded about 12 cups chopped fruit). You can easily scale this recipe up or down though, depending on how much melon you have on hand though.
- Lime - Fresh lime juice really brightens the fresh fruit flavor of this yummy drink.
- Sugar (Optional) - A little sugar intensifies the melon's sweetness. Of course, watermelons are naturally sweet, so you can leave out the sugar if you wish. Or replace it with honey or maple syrup ... it's up to you.
This recipe is naturally vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, and gluten free, which means everyone at your table can enjoy it!
You'll Also Need
You'll need a sharp knife to prepare the watermelon, and a blender to puree the fruit.
How to Make Watermelon Juice
This fresh fruit juice is so easy to make at home ... there's no juicer required, and it's ready in minutes! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Prep watermelon. Start by cutting the watermelon into chunks.
- Blend ingredients. Next, combine the watermelon, lime juice, and sugar (if using) in your blender. Then simply purée the mixture until it's totally smooth, giving the juice a quick stir about half way through, if needed. It should only take about a minute.
- Strain. If you'd like, you can strain the watermelon purée using fine mesh strainer. This finished juice is not overly pulpy, so you can skip this step if you prefer. I didn't strain mine.
And that's all there is to it ... you homemade Watermelon Juice is ready to drink! One sip of this simple, summertime treat, and you are going to fall in love.
Tip: I recommend chilling the watermelon before puréeing it. That way the juice is chilled and ready to drink, but you can serve it over ice, too.
Want to take your juice to the next level? Try one of these easy variations:
- Herbs - Enhance the flavor of your fresh watermelon drink by blending in fresh herbs like basil or mint.
- Fruit Combinations - Throw in some strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, or other fresh fruits for a tasty blended fruit drink.
- Cucumber - Blend in fresh cucumber for a super refreshing twist.
- Lemon - Instead of using lime juice for this recipe, feel free to substitute fresh lemon juice.
Chill any leftover Watermelon Juice in an airtight container (such as a jar or covered pitcher) in your refrigerator for up to three days (if it lasts that long). The pulp does have a tendency to settle, so give the juice a quick stir before serving. If you can't drink it all within a few days, I'd recommend freezing the leftovers in an ice cube tray ... that way you can use the frozen cubes in all your summer drinks!
How to Use
The best way to use this tasty juice is simply to drink it. It's totally irresistible and makes a refreshing treat on a hot day! Here are some other watermelon drink recipes you can try, too:
- Watermelon Water - Strain juice in a fine mesh strainer, then combine with equal parts water (still or sparkling water). Serve over frozen watermelon cubes or ice cubes.
- Agua Fresca - Combine ⅓ of the juice with ½ cup water (add more sugar, if desired). Serve over ice, garnished with mint.
- Lemonade - Mix the juice with fresh lemons to make homemade Watermelon Lemonade. Yum!
- Cocktails - Add a shot of vodka to the juice for a super simple watermelon cocktail. Combine juice with extra lime and tequila for a margarita. Mix the juice with white wine and chunks of fresh fruit for an easy sangria. Or freeze the juice along with vodka or tequila to make a boozy slushie.
- Ice Pops - Use the juice to make homemade Watermelon Popsicles. They are the absolute best on a hot day!
Are you as big of this tasty melon fan as I am? Then, you'll also want to try these watermelon recipes next:
- Watermelon Mojito
- Watermelon Quinoa Salad
- Watermelon Punch
- Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad
- Watermelon Salsa
- Watermelon Gazpacho
- Watermelon Sorbet
Looking for other healthy summer drinks? You'll love my Mango Juice, Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie, Iced Green Tea with Coconut Water, Berry Green Smoothie, Ginger Melon Green Tea, and Mint Peach Green Tea Cooler, too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Watermelon juice is good for you! These tasty melons are packed with vitamins A, B6 and C, and they're a great source of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. Plus, they're fat free and low-cal. One of the best benefits of this drink is that it's naturally hydrating and refreshing. Learn more about the health benefits of watermelon at the Cleveland Clinic.
Yes, you can juice watermelon. Just make sure to peel it, then cut it into chunks first. It's even easier to make it using a blender, as with this recipe!
Fresh watermelon juice is best when enjoyed right away, however it will last up to three days in your refrigerator.
- 12 cups chopped watermelon (about ½ a large melon)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 8 thin slices lime (optional)
- Combine watermelon, lime juice, and sugar in a blender. (You may need to do this in batches).
- Puree watermelon until totally smooth.
- Transfer juice to a pitcher. (Strain through a fine mesh strainer first to remove pulp, if preferred.)
- Serve juice cold, garnished with a lime slice (optional). Enjoy!