Curried Veggie, Chickpea, and Quinoa Stir Fry
This Curried Veggie, Chickpea, and Quinoa Stir Fry is full of bold flavors and fresh vegetables!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry powder, or other curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
Bring broth and quinoa to a boil in a medium pot.
Cover pot and reduce heat to a low; cook until broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove quinoa from heat, fluff with a fork, then recover. Set aside.
While quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and peppers to oil; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to brown around edges.
Stir squash into skillet and cook until it begins to brown, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium and allow pan to cool for a few minutes.
Add garlic, curry powder, and salt to pan. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Mix in chickpeas and cook for a minute, or until heated through.
Add cilantro and quinoa to vegetables and stir until well combined. Season to taste with additional salt.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!