Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Make this delicious, healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus in minutes ... makes a great snack or appetizer!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste), optional
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers, optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- veggies, such as cucumbers, peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes, etc.
- pita bread, pita chips, and/or crackers
Pulse garlic clove in a food processor until minced.
Scrape down sides of food processor, then add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne to garlic. Blend until totally smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add red peppers to hummus; pulse just until combined. (Do not over-process; you should still be able to see chunks of pepper.)
Season hummus to taste with additional salt. Transfer to a bowl and top 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers and chopped parsley, if desired.
Serve with veggies, pita bread, pita chips, and/or crackers. Enjoy!