Easy Italian Pasta Salad
This easy Italian Pasta Salad is ready in minutes and perfect for entertaining!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 or more people
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pasta, such as cavatappi*
- 4 cups chopped kale (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes**
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 cup chopped giardiniera
- 1/3 cup halved olives
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed under cold water
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, sugar, and pepper until well combined.
Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper if desired, then set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender.
Drain pasta, then rinse with cold water until chilled. Set aside to drain further.
Place kale in a large bowl; add about 1/4 cup of vinaigrette. Massage dressing into kale with hands, until kale is tender and volume is reduced by about 1/2.
Add pasta and all remaining ingredients to kale.
Whisk remaining vinaigrette, then pour over salad. Mix well. Taste salad and adjust seasoning with a salt, if desired.
Serve pasta salad immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
*Use gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free.
**Skip mozzarella to make this recipe vegan.