Ultimate Chopped Salad with Easy Lemon Vinaigrette
This Ultimate Chopped Salad with Easy Lemon Vinaigrette is the perfect way to make any meal special!
Servings: 4 main dish servings, or 6-8 side side servings
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- small handful of basil leaves, chopped
Separate the shallots into rings using your fingers.
Place shallots in a medium bowl, then sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss the shallots with the cornstarch to coat.
Head 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add shallots to the skillet in a single layer. Cook until browned on both sides, turning occasionally (a pair of tongs works well for this).
Transfer shallots to a paper towel lined plate, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
While shallots are cooking, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
Slowly add olive oil, continuing to whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Place romaine, green onions, grape tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, capers, blue cheese, and basil in a large bowl.
Drizzle salad with enough vinaigrette to coat it (you may have a little vinaigrette left over), then gently toss to combine all ingredients.
Serve salad immediately, topped with shallots. Enjoy!