Watermelon Basil Quinoa Salad
Cool off on a hot summer day with this delightful Watermelon Basil Quinoa Salad!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces feta, diced
- 1 (15-oounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 medium watermelon, diced
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook quinoa in broth according to package directions. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
After quinoa has cooled, transfer it to a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, feta, garbanzo beans, watermelon, and basil to the quinoa. Toss well to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Pour lemon vinaigrette over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat.
Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!