Warm up with a bowl of this easy Vegetable Soup ... it's packed with veggies and tons of flavor!
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 cups diced red potato
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medum zucchini, quartered and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsely leaves
- kosher salt
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add onions, carrots, and celery to oil. Season with salt and pepper, then cook until veggies start to soften (about 5 minutes).
Increase heat to medium-high, then add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms and veggies start to brown, stirring frequently.
Mix in garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 secondse), stirring constantly.
Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, corn, basil, oregano, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook soup until veggies are almost (but not fully) tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
Add frozen peas and cook until soup is heated through and all veggies are tender.
Season soup generously with salt and pepper; stir in fresh parsley.
Serve soup hot. Enjoy!