Zucchini Spaghetti with Tomato Artichoke Sauce
Make this Zucchini Spaghetti tonight ... it's full of healthy ingredients and ready fast!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 1/3 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and season with salt. Saute until starting to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
Mix in tomatoes, artichokes, olives, and dried basil and oregano. Simmer until tomatoes have softened and sauce has thickened (about 12 to 15 minutes).
Season sauce to taste with salt and stir in fresh basil.
Once sauce has started simmering, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
When pan is hot, add spiralized zucchini. Cook zucchini just until heated through, mixing constantly.
Season zucchini to taste with salt, then drain in a colander.
Return zucchini to pan. Add sauce and toss to coat. Taste and season with additional salt, if needed.
Serve zucchini spaghetti immediately. Enjoy!