Take a stroll through beautiful Central Park in fall … my favorite time of year to visit this iconic park!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jamba Juice. All opinions are 100% mine.
Take a winter walk with me and experience winter in Central Park! Winter is the perfect time to experience a different side of Central Park, especially if you visit after a snow storm.
How excited are you for the first day of fall?!? It’s my favorite season, and there’s definitely (finally!) an autumn vibe in the air. I’ve noticed a few colorful leaves this week, and it’s been getting dark earlier and earlier.
The weather is cooling off, too. It’s been in the seventies, which I love. My husband often teases me that I’m only happy when it’s 72 and sunny, so I’m in heaven right now!
Of course, this perfect weather won’t last much longer. So I decided to take advantage of it and planned an autumn picnic in Central Park last weekend.
Hey, friends! Happy Friday. Thank you so much for stopping by today!
It has been a pretty uneventful week here at chez Hello Little Home. I’ve mostly been trying to avoid the miserably hot weather, which means that I didn’t do much of anything. Very exciting, I know.
Earlier this week I did take a walk around the Jackie Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in Central Park. I’m lucky enough to live a couple blocks away, so it’s my regular route. It went just before sunset, and it was gorgeous. Definitely the best sunset I’ve seen in a while. Check out my pics below.
Want to see my favorite links from the week? Read on …
As mentioned, it’s still pretty darn hot here, and in fact, Tuesday was deemed the hottest day of the year (ugh!). This Chia Watermelon Fresca from Skinny Taste looks perfectly refreshing to me. Pumpkin Spice Lattes will have to wait!
Brooklyn Limestone has a great One Day Tourist Guide to Brooklyn.
This Autumn Kale Slaw from Green Kitchen Stories looks simple and delicious.
Want to see something sweet? Check out this Flowered Embellished Photo Art from A Beautiful Mess.
Make some Mixed Vegetable Quick Pickles with this easy recipe form A Couple Cooks.
I love this DIY Striped Glass Coffee Table from Effortless Style.
Ring in fall (it’s coming, right?) with these pretty Candy Corn Meringue Swirls from The Simple, Sweet Life.
Dwellings by DeVore shows us The Easiest Way to Hang Curtain Rods. Clever!
Whip up a batch of LeMoine Family Kitchen’s Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream. Mmm!
This Rolled Magazine Flower + Antler Chalk Art from Jones Design Company is a simple way to add a unique touch to your home.
I can’t wait to try this Veggie Oven Melt Sandwich that Lemons for Lulu shared.
This Half-Up Side Braid Tutorial from Hair Romance is simple and so pretty.
Treat yourself to a slice of this Peach Pie from The Paper Heart Studio. You have to see the gorgeous lattice crust she created!
Love West Elm but short on change? Brit + Co. has 15 West Elm Hacks to Get the Look for Less.
Kick your standard bars up a notch and make these Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats from Savory Nothings.
Camille Styles has an Updo for Short Hair that is seriously pretty.
These DIY Macaron Rocks from Hoopla Palooza would make a fun gift for any lover of that sweet French treat.
- Nordstrom: it’s your last chance to shop the Labor Day Clearance Sale (through 9/7).
- Target: save up to 20% on Bedding (through 9/6), plus get deals on tailgating, school uniforms, TVs, and more!
- Kohl’s: take 20% off Sleepwear for the entire family with code SLEEP20 (through 9/6) + shop the Weekend Sale while you’re there!
- AHAlife: enjoy 15% off + free U.S. shipping on all orders with code ENJOY15!
- Walmart: save on Top-Rated Mattress at Walmart.com!
- The Limited: shop the Semi-Annual Suit Event! Buy 1, Get 1 FREE jackets, pants, skirts, and dresses (through 9/7).
- Poppin: buy more and save more! Take $10 off $110+ with code POPSEPT2014; $15 off $165+ with code POPSEPT15; $25 off $275+ with code POPSEPT24; $35 off $500+ with code POPSEPT35; OR $50 off $1,000+ with POPSEPT50 (through 9/30).
- Home Decorators Collection: take $20 off orders of $100+ (ends 9/9).
- Alex and Ani: take $5 off the September Bangle of the Month (there are two this month!) – the Turn Peace Up Charm and the Midnight Luminary Beaded Bangle – with code DOUBLE.
- Julep: become a Maven and get the City Lights Welcome Box free with code FREECITY.
- Need Supply Co.: shop final markdowns on sale!
- Bauble Bar: shop Monthly Musts and get up to 50% off featured jewelry!
- philosophy: spend $40 and get a skincare gift worth $39.40 with code skingift (through 9/8).
- Design Within Reach: save 15% during the Dining Room Sale.
- C.O. Bigelow: pick your sale! Take 10% OFF your entire purchase over $49 with code SEPT10 OR take $20 OFF all orders over $125+ with code 20OFFBIGELOW OR take $5 OFF orders over $50+ with code COBIG5 (through 9/30). Plus, get free shipping with all offers!
- Groupon: take 10% off all mattresses, plus get free shipping on $24.99+ with code BED10 (through 9/8).
- Michaels: take 40% off any one regular price item with code 1REDNBLUE (through 9/7).
It’s almost cocktail time! How about The Famous Ivy Gimlet from the eponymous restaurant (via Cupcakes & Cashmere). Cheers to the weekend!
The weather is supposed to be much cooler this weekend, so hopefully I’ll leave my apartment;) What are you planning for this weekend?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
P.P.S. Don’t forget to follow my new Instagram account!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).
Hey … happy Friday! This week went by fast, and I’m so glad the weekend is here.
I am also a very lucky lady, because our office has summer hours, which means my Fridays end at 3:00 pm for the rest of the summer. Today is the day our summer hours kick in, and I’m super excited!
Check out that beautiful NYC sky! This is one of my favorite parts of
Central Park – the Jackie Kennedy Onassis Reservoir.
Here are a few things that caught my eye this week:
Make a garland of tissue tassels for your next party. The tassels add such a festive touch and are fun to make, too.
These tissue paper flowers would look great for a party, too!
I was tempted to snip some of these hydrangeas by an empty store in
my neighborhood, but somehow I restrained myself.
Serve this Warm Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta at your party.
What is better than a Golden Girls marathon on a lazy Saturday? No much, except maybe a Golden Girls marathon paired with Golden Girl cocktails.
This is so cool – how to make photographic prints on fabric!
Don’t mind me … just attempting to make my commute pass more quickly by taking goofy selfies.
I want to try this DIY Scroll Style Picture Frame tutorial ASAP. I just need to find the perfect picture.
My feet need a little love, so I this post on three steps to pretty summer feet is timely.
Another pretty spot in Central Park.
I love macaroons, so this Glazed Coconut Macaroon Bundt Cake caught my eye right away.
Cherries have been showing up in all the stores, and this Cherry Almond Galette looks delicious. It must be a sign.
I was inspired to recreate this cute, stylish ponytail, and it actually turned out pretty decent. And if you’re trying not to wash your hair everyday, it’s the perfect hairstyle for second day hair.
Another great second day hairstyle. The sock bun is Hello Little Home approved!
My new favorite nail polish is Essie Sunday Funday – so cute and summery!
I had the opportunity to hear Joshua Foer speak this week about how he learned a new language in 22 hours. Pretty darn amazing!
If you are still looking for a gift for dad, don’t forget to check out my roundup of last minute Father’s Day gifts.
That’s it for this week. I hope you have a great weekend!