Happy Friday! How was your Thanksgiving? Unfortunately, I was sick. I spent most of the day curled up on my couch. I had to enjoy the day vicariously through my husband, who went to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (those are his photos below) and enjoyed some delicious meals cooked by our friends in Brooklyn.
Are you heading out to do some Black Friday shopping today? I’ve done that a few times, but I really don’t like dealing with the chaos, especially since I can find plenty of great deals online. I’d much prefer to shop in my pajamas than elbow my way through a crowd (especially in my current sickly state)!
So today, along with my favorite links of the week, I’m including links to some of the best online Black Friday deals, too.
First things first, Tracy’s Culinary Adventures has 15+ ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Speaking of leftovers, Turkey Pie always made an appearance in my home post-Thanksgiving. Here’s a visual recipe:
Rambling Renovators has some great tips for storing holiday decorations in a small house.
This Jackie Kennedy look book is pretty awesome. I love that lady’s style!
I really like the idea of Guests, a digital guestbook, which allows your friends to leave comments and photos at all of your parties. You can even create a PDF of the guestbook later.
Also perfect for your next party … the Beauty Department shows you how to make a mega bow party headband. This would be a super cute photo booth accessory!
Dress up your couch with a no-sew Greek key pillow.
I was planning to heat up some apple cider with cinnamon sticks for an easy seasonal treat, but then I saw this recipe for the best ever Wassail from Yummy, Healthy, Easy. It’s basically hot apple cider kicked up about 100 notches!
Brooklyn Limestone has nominated the hottest home decor item for 2013. I’ve had my eye on this one myself!
Do you like trying new recipes at this time of year? I know I do (the trickier the better). If so, you’ll want to check out Wit Wisdom and Food’s 5 tips for tackling a challenging recipe.
Are you expecting guests soon? Jones Design Company shows us how she shopped her home to create a pretty guest room?
I’ve always wanted to make a Christmas village, but given my current space restrictions this DIY winter village snow globe jar may be a better option.
OK, on to my favorite Black Friday deals!
- Julep: $1 Nail Polish – what?!?! My pick: Lacey, a gorgeous midnight blue with purple shimmer.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics: Buy 1, get one 50% off, plus get a $10 gift card! Valid through 11/30 with coupon code BLKFRI and a minimum $30 purchase. My pick: the lash & brow comb (a personal favorite) and the 56 piece natural makeup palette (a great holiday gift).
- Juice Beauty: get a FREE full-size Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer with any $50 Purchase – a $45 Value – valid through 11/29. My pick: the Green Apple Age Defy Serum, which promises to lighten, brighten, and tighten. Who doesn’t want that?
- Nordstrom: shop Black Friday deals at my all-time favorite department store (seriously: when will it arrive in Manhattan?!?). My pick: anything Kate Spade!
- C. Wonder: enjoy 30% off 3 items or more, plus free ground shipping on orders of $75 or more with promo code GIFTS30 (valid thru 12/1). My pick: the Printed Geo Speedy Bag. Tres chic!
- ModCloth: 100’s of items 50% off! My pick: the Knock Noggin, Who’s There? Top, which combines a cute skull print with a super feminine fit.
- Mr. Kate: is having a 50% sale! My pick: the feather cuff ring is just my style.
- Zappos: is having a Black Friday clearance. My pick: the Corso Como Chatham Bootie, which I’d wear non-stop this winter.
- Bonlook: save 50% on selected eye-wear plus get free shipping (valid 11/29 only). My pick: anything tortoise shell (get that smarty pants look).
- Lucy: take 25% off all bottoms (Friday only) AND take an additional 30% off sale (Thanksgiving weekend). My pick: the Hatha Convertible Capri Legging.
- The Limited: get 50% off everything (plus free shipping) with code THANKS. Plus, check out their doorbusters here. My pick: I love this fun colorblock sweater!
- Alternative Apparel: get 25% off any order with code BLACKFRI. My pick: the Leila Eco Fleece Wrap. So cozy!
- Bauble Bar: take 15% off 2 items with code: FRIDAY15; take 25% off 3 items with code: FRIDAY25; OR take 35% off 4+ items with code: FRIDAY35. My pick: the Rainbow Starlite Bib Necklace, which will brighten up the gloomiest of winter days!
- Lulu & Georgia: take 30% off any order over $50 with code THANKS30. My pick: the Mirayam Suzani Rug. Hello, gorgeous!
- Art.com: save 35% on all orders with promo code BF2013 (Valid through 11/29). My pick: the Pier Pilings 15 photo by Lee Peterson. I love the reflections!
- World Market: shop Black Friday deals all weekend long! My pick: these gray Gia bath towels. Such a cool pattern and buy 1, get 1 free!
- Home Decorators: get 50% off plus + free shipping on 500 Gifts & Custom Art!
- Sur La Table: all sorts of sales going on here, from Wusthof Knife Sets to a Classic Round Red Dutch Oven and so much more!
- Target: literally something for everyone! My pick: get a $100 Target Card with purchase of an Apple iPad!
- Kohl’s: get 15% off everything site wide with the code BLACKFRI, plus earn $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 you spend (valid through 12/1). My pick: the KitchenAid Artisan 5-quart Stand Mixer. The only problem is what color to choose!
- Paper Source: all sorts of sales going on here! My pick: the Winter Sleighs and Skis Holiday Cards, which are 25% off when you buy 4 or more.
- Best Buy: has all kinds of Black Friday Deals & Doorbusters. My pick: a MacBook Air so I can blog from the comfort of my couch. A girl can dream, right?
- Gaiam.com: buy 1, get 1 50% off with code AF13BOGO50. My pick: the neo-baroque print yoga mat (makes downward dogs more fun).
- Harry & David: take 10% off $49, 15% off $79, 20% off $199 with code HOLIDAY (through 12/2). My pick: the holiday tower of chocolates (endless chocolate=a very happy Ginnie).
- Starbucks: has a few great deals. My picks: buy the Espresso Refill Tumbler and get your favorite espresso drink free every day in January 2014 OR get Verismo 580 Machines for just $99.
- Walmart: has Black Friday deals for the whole family, plus get free shipping on all orders of $35 or more! My pick: this LG 42″ TV for a crazy low price.
Whew … that was a big list! After all that shopping, why not really get yourself into the holiday spirit with this Santa’s Little Helper cocktail?
Are you planning to do any Black Friday shopping?
I’m linking up with Craft Dictator’s Craft Frenzy Friday, French Country Cottage’s Feathered Nest Friday, Just Us Four’s Pinworthy Projects Party, Liz Marie Blog’s Inspire Me Please, The Shabby Nest’s Frugal Friday, The Stitchin’ Mommy’s Get Crafty Fridays, Whipperberry’s The Party Bunch Link Party, I Heart Hands-On’s Show Off Fridays, Tater Tots and Jello’s Link Party Palooza, Too Much Time on My Hands’ Get Schooled Saturday, Your Homebased Mom’s Finding the Pretty and Delicious, SEWlicious Home Decor, Will Cook for Smiles’ Showstopper Saturday, Twigg Studios’ Sunday Show Off, Yummy Healthy Easy’s Saturday Night Fever, Flamingo Toes’ Think Pink Sunday, Suburbs Mama’s Sunday Link Party, and Embracing Change’s Creative Inspirations.