After a cold, snowy winter, I’m excited that it’s finally starting to warm up. I’m picturing lots of picnics in the park and day at the beach soon … all with the perfect tan, of course!
However, as a girl with very pale skin, I’m all about piling on the highest SPF I can find and faking that summer glow. My favorite self-tanner is Jergens Natural Glow. I apply it at night, and in the morning I have a subtle tan that builds up over time. Although I’ve used it on my face in a pinch, I prefer to use bronzer on my sensitive skin.
So I was super excited to learn that my April Maven Box was going to include Julep’s all-new bronzer and blush. It arrived just in time for me to enjoy all those fun outdoor activities with a pretty, glowing skin!
Here’s how to apply bronzer for a natural-looking tan.
One of the things I love about the Julep bronzer is that it comes in two shades. I chose the light golden bronze. Too much bronzer on pale skin can make it took dirty, and I like a really subtle glow.
Here’s a before:
Follow these easy steps and you’ll have beautiful bronzed skin in no time!
- Add a little bronzer to your brush and tap off any excess. Apply it to the side of your forehead and temples, blending well.
- Work your way down the side of your face and apply bronzer just under your cheekbones. It helps to purse your lips and make a silly, pouty face! Add more bronzer to your brush, as necessary.
- Next, apply bronzer to your jawline. As always, blend well.
- Without adding any more powder to your brush, apply bronzer to the center of your forehead, right where the sun would hit. Use your brush to blend in the bronzer well.
- Next, apply bronzer to the bridge and tip of your nose. Blend, blend, blend!
- Finally, add bronzer to your chin.
I like to finish by adding a little blush to the apples of my cheeks. Julep’s Peach Bellini is the perfect spring/summer shade, although I have my eye on Petal Pink, too.
Here’s a before and after:
- Look for a shade that isn’t too much darker than your natural skin tone.
- Use a brush with soft bristles and blend really well after application.
- Apply bronzer on top of foundation and powder.
- Start slow. Add just a touch of bronzer to your brush at a time. Tap off any excess in the pan or apply it to your hand. You can always add more, but it’s hard to take it away.
- If you do apply too much bronzer, blend a little translucent powder onto your skin. The powder will help tone down the bronzer.
- Hit the beach ASAP!
Are you a fan of bronzer, or do you like to keep it au naturel?
P.S Would you like to try out Julep? Get your first Maven Box free with the code FREEBOX. I love my monthly boxes. It’s so much fun to try out new makeup and nail polish once a month.
I’m linking up with Random Wednesday, Beautiful You, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, I Heart Nap Time, Style Elixir, G’Day Saturday, Monday Mingle, Manic Monday, Funday Monday, Monday Must Haves, and I Feel Pretty.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).