Everything outside is dull and dreary (including the all black wardrobes most New Yorkers wear in winter!), and I’ve been itching for spring weather. Sadly, that’s quite a long way off judging by the single digit weather we’ve had here.
In the meantime, I’m trying to revive my closet a bit. A little color here and there is my favorite way to ward off the winter doldrums at this time of year!
Are you trying to brighten a winter wardrobe, too? Here are some tips that have worked for me:
- Choose pieces that can be worn now and into spring, too.
- Pair bright, springy colors with winter neutrals like black and grey.
- Make lighter spring clothes work now by adding lots of layers.
- Add color to your makeup routine and brighten up your complexion.
- Cheer yourself up with hidden color in clothes linings, socks, or even lingerie!
- Do something super fun, like adding a fake floral tattoo to the inside of your wrist.
- Add a pop of color the easy way … with your accessories!
- Take an inexpensive weekend getaway and pack a bright and cheery bag.
Need a little more help? Any one of these gorgeous pieces is sure to brighten up your winter wardrobe!
- Merona Floral Print V-Neck Cardigan*
- Vince Camuto Chiffon Inset Knit Top
- Free People Slouchy Cowl Oversized Sweater
- Paris Cafe Cardigan
- Pleione Mixed Media Tunic
- NYDJ ‘Clarissa’ Colored Stretch Skinny Jeans
- Treasure&Bond Crop Skinny Jeans
- Paige Denim ‘Verdugo’ Ankle Super Skinny Jeans
- Tattly Floral Temporary Tattoos
- Forever 21 Eyeshadow Palette
- Essie Tart Deco Nail Polish
- Merona Large Hobo Handbag*
- ban.do Busy Phone Case
- MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Colette’ Leather Satchel
- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Pixi Pink
- Travel Checklist Sunglasses
- Forever 21 Mirrored Round Sunglasses
- Kate Spade On Purpose Tote
- Kate Spade Saturday Fabric Ball Necklace
- Loretta Sneakers*
- Oh What a Sight Sunglasses
- Retro Rosie Earrings
- Front and Back Stud*
- Tasteful Touch Flat
- Pop of Pep Flat
- Got the Whole Pachyderm Scarf
- Bow to Stern Scarf
- Cobalt Gait a Second Flats
- My Calling Card Catalog Socks
- Kate Spade Classic Nylon International Carry-On
- Polka Dot Canvas Weekender Handbag*
* Target sale alert! Save 20% when you spend $75 on clothing, shoes, and accessories for the entire family.
How do you wake up your winter wardrobe at this time of year?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps keep Hello Little Home running.