Do you watch Showtime’s Shameless? It stars William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher, an alcoholic father of 6 kids who are, for the most part, better off without him in their lives. The show, which is set in Chicago, is equal parts amusing and disturbing (it’s definitely not kid friendly). There is literally never a dull moment in the Gallagher’s household.
Picking up the slack is Frank’s eldest daughter, Fiona, played by Emmy Rossum. I love her character! Fiona is trying to improve her life and that of her brothers and sister, but it’s definitely an uphill battle. If you haven’t watched the show, I definitely recommend it. I guarantee you will be rooting for Fiona alongside me!
I was searching for a little style inspiration recently, and I came across some photos of Emmy. Although she always looks polished and pretty on the red carpet, I was especially inspired by her off duty style. Here are a few of my favorite looks:
Photos from StyleBistro
Photos from StyleBistro
Emmy has got effortless, casual, cool style down to a tee. All of these looks are comfortable, yet pulled together, and totally achievable for you and me!
(Photo of Emmy from StyleBistro)
Emmy’s style is perfect for shopping, brunch with friends, travel, or walking your adorable pooch. Here’s how to get her look:
- Blouse: Look for a blouse with a special detail, like a bow or contrast trim. I like the Ruche View from Here Blouse. It’s super affordable (under $40), and the pleats along the shoulders add interest. Wear it on its own or with a blazer.
- Sunglasses: Emmy doesn’t wear a lot of accessories, but she does wear great sunglasses. Ray-Ban’s 52mm Retro Sunglasses look sharp and have a fun vintage shape.
- Bag: A crossbody bag will keep your hands free and your outfit uncluttered. Apt. 9’s Maggie Crossbody Bag will add a little color to an otherwise neutral outfit, plus it has a unique tassel detail.
- Blazer: Pull your whole outfit together with a great jacket. I love the ruched sleeves (no need to keep pushing them up all day!) on this MICHAEL Michael Kors Boyfriend Jacket.
- Sweater: For a super comfy look, go for a slightly slouchy sweater, as Emmy does in a few of the above pictures. Halogen’s Crew Neck Long Sleeve Cashmere Sweater is a cozy option and also a great deal (on sale for $50)!
- Skinny Jeans: A pair of slim jeans streamlines your whole outfit. I like Paige Denim’s Skyline Skinny Jeans in Trinity. They’re a great basic, and the dark wash will go with anything.
- Moto: For an edgier look, choose a moto jacket. NYJD’s Moto Jacket with Faux Leather Detail, which is made out of comfortable ponte knit fabric, is a modern option.
- Boots: A great pair of boots is a cornerstone of Emmy’s style. I love the moto pair that she is wearing in the outfit above. Frye’s Veronica Shortie will give you a similar look.
- Flats: A pair of ballet flats, similar to the first picture, is a classic choice. I have a pair of Lucky Brand’s Emmie Flats (very appropriate name, no?), and I love them! They are affordable, lightweight, and have a simple, paired-down design.
I hope this inspires you! Check out this StyleBistro lookbook for even more looks from Emmy, including lots of pretty hair and makeup ideas.
Which celebrities style do you admire?
I’m linking up with Totally Posted Tuesday, What I Wore Wednesday, Vodka Infused Lemonade’s Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Get Your Pretty On’s I Feel Pretty, All Things Thursday, Simply Lulu Style’s What I’m Loving Friday, Friday’s Fab Favorites, and Your Whims Wednesday.