I'm super excited about today's post, because I'm sharing my favorite gift ideas from NOVICA!
NOVICA is a company I whole heartedly support. Not only are the products beautiful and unique, but your purchase supports an artisan-run business. Here's how it works: NOVICA gives artisans from around the world (many living in rural communities) a free platform to sell their work on the international market. That platform empowers the artisans to build a sustainable business from their craft and helps to preserve ancient artistic traditions for future generations to enjoy. Pretty cool, right?
Although it was difficult - there are 1000s of gorgeous products to choose from! - I had so much fun picking out my favorite gift ideas from NOVICA's website!
- Colorful Nesting Boxes. Mohd Tanveer crafts these beautiful Festive Delhi Wood Nesting Boxes by hand with strips of papri wood (Indian elm) over a wooden base. For a fun gift, I would fill each box with a small gift, stack the boxes up, and tie them together with a big bow on top.
- Hand Painted Beer Mugs. My husband is going to want these Barley Grains Ceramic Beer Mugs when he see this post! They were created by Mexico's Javier Servin, who hand painted each mug with motifs inspired by barley grains and flowers. I love this modern take on the classic German beer stein.
- Elegant Earrings. How pretty are these Dahlia Sterling Silver Flower Earrings? The dahlia is a native flower of Mexico, and artisan Isela Robles uses it as a symbol in her jewelry. I love the unique design: the hoops look flat from the front, but the beautiful pattern can be seen from the side.
- Cozy Fingerless Mitts. The colorful patterns in these Ancash Fantasy Alpaca Wool Patterned Fingerless Mitts are absolutely gorgeous. They are made in Peru by Fernando Cano whose artistic origins come from his uncles who also worked in textiles. Alpaca, which is super soft and warm, is one of my favorite materials for knits.
- Pretty Pillow Covers. These beautiful White Trees of Life Cushion Covers are created by the Artisans of Tilonia (India). Each product the artisans create has a story to tell, and in this case, the trees depicted on the pillows blossom with natural exuberance, symbolizing life and offering their generous shade to passersby. They would look stunning in any home!
- Petite Paper Journals. I've found the perfect stocking stuffer! India's Asha Prabha crafted this set of Jaipur Verses Handmade Paper Mini Journals (ideal for writing inspiring verses, motivational quotes, and personal insights) of handmade paper. The covers are screen printed to resemble vintage court documents over which handsome elephants are at play. On the third journal, a crimson paisley beats with the heart of Indian traditions.
- Hand Painted Ornaments. Decorate your tree with these lovely Hand Painted Wood Bell Ornaments (set of 6). Syed Izaz Hussein, who is from India, carved the bells from weeping willow wood and painted the festive details by hand. They're perfect for ringing in the joyous spirit of the holiday season!