Although I love the warm weather and long days of summer, I find it challenging beauty-wise. My oily skin starts spinning out of control and my hair gets poofy and frizzy at the slightest hint of humidity - not a good combination!
Here's a few of the products that help to keep my "issues" under control at this time of year:
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is the best. It removes makeup and cleans your skin at the same time. I was really hesitant to try it at first (putting oil on oily skin seems like a recipe for disaster, right?), but my skin has really improved since I started using it.
- I also love DHC Eye Bright, which is a miracle eye de-puffer. OK, maybe not a miracle, but it is perfect for those mornings when you didn't get enough sleep.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock is my favorite. I am hyper-vigilant about wearing sunscreen every day, and this sunscreen never makes my skin feel greasy. Love it!
- I just discovered Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle, which came in my May Birchbox. It's a great leave-in conditioner that leaves my frizz-prone hair smooth and shiny.
- Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray is perfect for those days when I don't want to wash my hair. The price can't be beat, and it soaks up excess oil and even has a great scent. Just spray it on your roots, tousle hair with your fingers, and style.
- Clean & Clear Instant Oil-Absorbing Sheets are a life-saver. I always keep these on hand and use the sheets throughout the day to keep my oily skin in check.
- For natural, glowing cheeks, you can't beat Benefit Posietint. The sheer pink color is super easy to apply, and it lasts all day. I'm also a huge fan of Benetint.
- Maybelline Volum' Express One by One Mascara is my favorite everyday mascara. It really pumps up my fine lashes but never looks clumpy. It's great for a natural, daytime look.
- When it comes to lips, I love Philosophy Raspberry Sorbet Lip Shine. It's a great non-tacky, yet super-glossy option for lip gloss fans. I love the sheer pink color - it even has a little sparkle!
OK - now it's your turn! Tell me your favorite products and tips for summer beauty.