I stepped outside yesterday, and I was promptly chilled down to my skivvies! Winter has apparently arrived in full force.
Cold weather is tricky to dress for here in NYC. It’s freezing when you step out the door, but then you start walking and get warmer. Next you step into a store or onto the subway, and you’re promptly overheated!
Consequently, I prefer to dress in layers. At hat and/or a scarf is must, but it’s also easy to peel off on the train. Button front jackets can be easily opened.
I was browsing the web and came across Taylor Swift wearing a winter outfit that’s perfect for dealing with changing temperatures. Not to mention, that it’s super cute, yet classic enough for anyone to pull off!
Photo Source: People Stylewatch
Here’s how you can get the look for yourself:
- Coat. This beautiful J. Crew Wool Melton Peacoat is a closet staple. Plus, it’s on sale and you can take an extra 40% off with code STYLE2015, making it a major steal!
- Sweater. You can’t see what Taylor is wearing under her jacket, but I’d choose something cozy, like J. Crew’s Cambridge Cable Chunky Turtleneck Sweater.
- Bag. I had a hard time finding a similar frame-style bag (that didn’t cost a fortune!), so I went with a classic Dooney & Bourke Saffiano Zip Zip Satchel that goes with everything.
- Jeans. Apart from the coat, these gorgeous KUT from the Kloth Diana Cord Skinny Jeans are the star of the outfit!
- Gloves. I love the texture and button detail on these MICHAEL Michael Kors Fingerless Gloves, which will keep your hands warm while allowing you to use your phone.
- Boots. The heel on these Clarks Jolissa Gypsum Boots lend a little femininity to this fun lace-up style.
- Scarf. This Top Shop Blackwatch Scarf is a cozy classic that you’ll wear for years.
Do you like Taylor Swift’s outfit? How do you deal with changing temperatures in winter?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).