I don’t know about you, but the minute the weather turns chilly, I like to dress as comfortably as possible. Sweaters, scarves, and boots are my fall and winter uniform.
Of course, there is a big difference between comfortable and schlumpy. Although I definitely have my frumpy moments, I try to confine them to my home (and maybe the occasional corner store run, if I’m being honest!).
Today, I had fun creating three cozy fall outfits – for work, date, and weekend – that will keep you feeling and looking your best. Let’s start with work!
My husband and I cut cable a few months ago (#BestDecisionEver), and I’ve been catching up on TV shows that I’ve wanted to watch, but somehow missed. Scandal is one of those shows. Are you a fan, too?
The main character, Olivia Pope, has the most impeccable work wardrobe, and The Limited recently worked with Kerry Washington, the actress who plays Olivia, to create The Scandal Collection. I want pretty much everything in it!
This outfit features a few pieces from that collection. If your office has a traditional dress code or you need to attend an important meeting, this is your outfit. Everything is tailored, but not tight, so you’ll look professional but still feel comfortable all day long.
- Top: this Neck-Tie Blouse is a gorgeous wardrobe classic that you’ll wear for years.
- Pants: these Olivia Wide Leg Trouser Pants will never go out of style.
- Jacket: all of the coats in The Scandal Collection are beautiful, but I am especially obsessed with the Plaid Cape, which would look just as good with a pair of jeans. Wear it with a pair of Long Suede Gloves, like Olivia would!
- Bag: keep your accessories tailored, too. This Faux Crocodile Dome Satchel is perfect.
- Shoes: with a petite kitten heel, these Sole Society ‘Bravely’ D’Orsay Heels will get you through the day with no pain.
- Jewelry: Olivia wear very minimal jewelry. A pair of Bauble Bar Zen Gem Drops and a gorgeous MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Slim Runway’ Mesh Strap Watch add the perfect finishing touch to this polished outfit.
It’s entirely possible to feel comfortable and sexy on a date. After all, what is cute about hobbling around with blisters on your feet?
Pair soft and stretchy fabrics with pieces that have a little edge, and you’re all set! I’d wear this outfit to the movies or for a casual dinner.
- Top: wrap yourself in luxury with this Halogen Cashmere Shirttail Sweater. It’s on sale for $88; a steal for cashmere! Let the wide neck fall over your shoulder for a sweetly sexy look.
- Pants: these James Jeans 5-Pocket Leggings look just like jeans, but are way more cozy!
- Jacket: add some edgy structure to the sweater with this Love 21 Faux Leather & Tweed Moto Jacket.
- Bag: this Pretty Ships ‘Freeport’ Wristlet is just big enough to hold the essentials (what more do you need?).
- Shoes: these Ivanka Trump ‘Onna’ Over-The-Knee Boots make this outfit truly date-worthy! I especially love the studded straps.
- Jewelry: finish your date night outfit with fun jewelry. This Bauble Bar Zodiac Constellation Pendant will have your date asking, “What’s you sign?” Ha! These Bauble Bar Crystal Triad Ear Cuffs complete the look.
Unless I have special plans, my weekend style is super casual. I like to wear outfits than can take me from brunch to shopping to a casual dinner.
Like the date night outfit, this look features comfortable fabrics and stylish details. I really believe that accessories can elevate a plain outfit, and this look is a great example.
- Top: cabled sweaters and fall just belong together! This Mossimo Supply Co. Cable Knit Pullover Sweater is stylish and super affordable, too.
- Pants: I’m not fan of baggy boyfriend jeans (on myself; they look great on you!). I have yet to find a flattering pair. However, I do love skinny boyfriends, like these Love 21 Skinny Boyfriend Jeans. You can’t beat the price, either!
- Jacket: this Target Women’s Short Anorak is the perfect fall jacket, and I want one in every color. Wrap this Roffe Accessories Trompe l’Oeil Wool Scarf around your neck (you need to see the cute pattern up close!) to stay warm on blustery days.
- Bag: keep your hands free for shopping with this Target Women’s Suede Crossbody Handbag.
- Shoes: I can vouch for these OId Navy Women’s Sueded Faux Leather Ankle Boots, which are sitting in my closet right now. They’re cute and comfortable, not to mention cheap!
- Jewelry: pile on the bracelets! I love this fun Amrita Singh Venus Bangle Set. Finish this cozy fall outfit with these Amrita Singh Blanche Floral Studs … so pretty!
Do you love cozy fall outfits, too? What clothing pieces can’t you live without once the temperature dips?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).