This post was sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone.
Love music? Then you are going to adore this Free Music Coloring Page inspired by the song Ain’t No Mountain High Enough!
For as long as I can remember, music has been a huge part of my life. As a kid, I spent long afternoons transcribing the words to my favorite songs that I had taped off the radio. I knew every song on the soundtracks from Dirty Dancing, Reality Bites, and Pulp Fiction, my fave movies.
Do you think between mentioning tapes and vintage movies that I’m showing my age a bit? Ha!
As I got older, I went to tons of shows and concerts. Even now, hearing certain songs bring me right back to a certain time period in my life!
Music is what gets me through a tough day, and sets the mood for the perfect night out. I love to surround myself with it!
Free Music Coloring Page
My idea of a relaxing end to the day involves doing something creative while enjoying great music and a cold drink. So when I heard about Coca-Cola’s special “Share A Coke And A Song” packaging, I had to check it out.
The last time I was at the store, I spotted these special “Share A Coke And A Song” bottles near the registers (there was more in the soda aisle, too). I took my time finding the bottles with my favorite song lyrics … there were so many to choose from!
One of the Diet Cokes I purchased had the lyric “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” on the bottle. I love that song so much, and I used it to inspire this free music coloring sheet!
I had so much fun with this project. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! You can download this music-inspired coloring page at the end of the post.
I used a combination of watercolors and gel pens to color it in.
Doesn’t it look pretty?
Favorite Coloring Supplies
If you’re just starting to get into coloring books, I’m sure you’ll find that it’s addictive … in a good way!
I’ve rounded up a few of my fave books and supplies to inspire you.
I have and love the following books. Each of these books is unique from the other, so I like to choose a book to color based on my mood.
- Secret Garden – from the artist that kicked off the adult coloring book trend, this book is a classic, and I love it!
- Posh Coloring Book – this book has a wide variety of interesting designs, making it fun to browse through and color.
- Vive Le Color India – this is my newest book. I really like the small, square pages, which make the designs faster to color. This book would be great to use for a coloring party, too, because the pages are so easy to remove from the book.
- Fantastic Cities and Secret Paris are on my wish list (plus, a million others … ha).
For coloring the pages, I like to use the following:
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils – the BEST colored pencils in my opinion, these pencils have a saturated, waxy finish that makes blending multiple colors together really easy.
- Sakura Gelly Roll Moonlight Pen Set– the shades in this set are simply gorgeous! I like the other pens this company makes, too.
- Yummy Yummy Scented Glitter Gel Pens – these gel pens are so fun to work with. They have a colorful, glittery finish that’s so pretty.
- You can also get beautiful effects with watercolors! I recommend using the Art Alternatives Pocket Watercolor Set with an Aquash Water Brush.
Download the Free Music-Theme Coloring Page:
To get my free music coloring page, just click anywhere on the image below. For best results, print the PDF on high quality paper (I prefer cardstock).
You may also like my Happy Fall Y’all Coloring Sheet.
And if you’re looking for something to do with all those coloring pages when they’re completed, I’ve got 10 easy ways to use coloring pages to inspire you!
Do you have any favorite song lyrics?