How cool is Jennifer Hudson? The girl can sing and act, plus, she's gorgeous and has great style.
I'm not an American Idol fan. So although I was probably drawn to her a little later than most, I loved her performances in Dreamgirls, Sex and the City, and The Secret Life of Bees.
Earlier this week, I was scrolling through red carpet photos on People StyleWatch (guilty pleasure), and I came across an image of her wearing a cute polka dot skirt and pointy red shoes. I couldn't wait to recreate this outfit for spring!
Photo of Jennifer Hudson courtesy of People StyleWatch.
I love how this outfit can be worn dressy or casual. Here's what you need to get the look:
- Polka Dot Skirt: Obviously, the success of this look hinges on the perfect skirt! My top pick is this Vince Camuto Polka Dot Midi Tube Skirt. It's the perfect length, super stretchy, comfortable, and comes in a great range of sizes, including petite. I found a couple other options, too, including a high-waisted fit and flare skirt and a short and swingy version.
- White Top: Pair the skirt with simple t-shirt style blouse. The sheer neckline on NYJD's Veiled V-Neck Top is such a pretty detail.
- Trench Coat: It looks like Jennifer is wearing a wool coat, but since we're heading into spring, I'd go with a lighter coat. A trench coat is a classic piece that you'll wear constantly. I love the chic zipper detail on this MICHAEL Michael Kors Asymmetric Zip Belted Trench. Check out these alternatives, too: a true classic trench and a dressier trench with a face-flattering shawl collar.
- Red Shoes: Apart from the polka dot skirt, the red shoes totally make this outfit. For a dressier look, go these MICHAEL Michael Kors Kitten Pump High Heels, which are sharp, yet walkable. Or go casual with a pair of red flats, like these Vince Camuto Benningly Flats.
- Makeup: Keep your face simple with a cat-eye and red lip. My favorite liner for the ever-tricky cat-eye is Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. Check out The Beauty Department's cat-eye tutorial is you need help perfecting your liner technique. Red is a must for your lips, and I love Lipstick Queen's Scarlet Red. It comes in two formulas Saint (sheer) or Sinner (matte). Choose your favorite based on how bold you are feeling!
Are you a fan of Jennifer Hudson? Would you wear this outfit?
P.S. Check out my other Get the Look posts!
I'm linking up with Random Wednesday, Get Your Pretty On's I Feel Pretty, Your Whims Wednesday, The Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday, Vodka Infused Lemonade's Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Fashion Informant, Simply Lulu Style's What I'm Loving Friday, Style Elixir's Friday's Fab Favorites, Monday Mingle, and Beautiful You.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).