Happy almost weekend! Do you have any plans for Mother’s Day? I’d love to hear what you’ll be up to. My week was kind of boring, so I’m going to talk about light bulbs!
Are you still using incandescent light bulbs? Being a good denizen of the earth and all (ha), I made the switch to compact fluorescents a few years ago (everywhere except in our bathroom vanity light). I never really thought much about them until yesterday though, when I went to a really interesting event.
It was hosted by HGTV’s Cousins on Call and Cree, which makes LED light bulbs. They had taken over a suite at the Crosby Hotel here in NYC, and I got to meet the cousins (who are very handsome in person), learn about CREE products, get a mini makeover, and even did a little wine tasting. It was fun!
At the event, they compared CREE LED bulbs to the compact fluorescents that I’ve been using, and there was a stark difference. You know that sickly, yellow tone that fluorescents give off? It was totally absent with the LED bulbs. Plus, they’re super energy efficient, cost under $10, and last over 20 years (what?!?). I’m sold on making the switch, and happy to know I won’t have to buy new bulbs until I’m in my 50’s! And no, I’m not being paid to say this. It’s just my opinion.
OK, that’s the most I’ve talked about light bulbs ever! Let’s move on to my favorite links!
I love tart foods and drinks, so this Lavender Lemonade from Oleander and Palm is right up my alley.
How fun would these DIY Rocket Confetti Poppers from Brit + Co. be for a kid’s party?
Joy the Baker claims these are the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies ever, and I don’t have any reason to doubt her.
Need to dress up a last minute Mother’s Day gift? Check out these pretty Mother’s Day Printables (stickers, cards, gift tags, and place cards) from Elegance and Enchantment.
This Coconut French Toast Bake from Pinch of Yum would be perfect for Mother’s Day brunch.
Create an easy Smoky Eye using smudge-able liner. The Beauty Department shows you how.
Treat your mom to a Rose Cupcake Bouquet. Roxy’s Kitchen has a great tutorial.
I love this shiny Anthro-Inspired Gold Pencil Holder via View from the Fridge. You’d never guess it was DIY.
It’s time to break out the ice cream maker! This Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Ice Cream from Club Narwhal looks oh so good.
Planning to do a little shopping this weekend? Here are a few deals to save you a few bucks:
- The Limited: take 40% off all full priced items and an extra 30% off sale items with code MOMWOW (valid through 5/9).
- Bauble Bar: shop Monthly Musts and get up to 50% off featured jewelry!
- Alternative Apparel: take 20% off the Women’s Collection with code XOXOMOMS (ends 5/12).
- lucy Activewear: save 25% on all capris (valid through 5/12).
- philosophy: take $5 off $25, $10 off $40, or $20 off $65 when you include one loveswept item. Use code loveswept (valid through 5/15).
- World Market: save up to 30% on select outdoor items.
- Home Decorators Collection: take $50 off orders of $200 or more (ends 5/12).
- Design Within Reach: shop the Annual Outdoor Sale and save 15% on select outdoor furniture, lighting, and accessories!
- poppin: buy more, save more! Save $5 of orders over $75 with code POPMAY5, save $15 of orders over $150 with code POPMAY15, or save $50 of orders over $750 with code POPMAY50 (valid through 5/31). Excludes gift cards.
- Living Social: use code 5FORMOM for $5 off an order of $15 or more (valid through 5/11).
- Groupon: Ends tonight! Take 15% off 1 Local Deal with code LOCAL15 (valid through 5/9 11:59PM PDT).
- Harry & David: take 20% off a $39+ purchase with code GIFTMOM (expires 5/12).
- Bric’s: Planning a trip? Shop the Bric’s Spring Fling Event and save up to 50% on select XBags (valid through 5/11). Plus, save up to 60% on sale items.
It’s cocktail time, and I love an unusual one, like this Coconut Lime Cilantro Cooler from Mom on Time Out. It can be made with or without rum. Cheers to the weekend!
Do you have any enlightening (sorry, couldn’t help myself) thoughts on light bulbs you’d like to share?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).