Happy Friday, friends! Are you ready for the weekend?
I am! This Saturday I’m going to a loom knitting workshop at Brooklyn Craft Company. I used to be really into knitting, so hopefully this will get my creative juices flowing again. Plus, I have a ton of yarn to use up! Have you ever tried loom knitting? It will be my first time.
This past week has been a good one. One of the benefits of living in New York is the parties! My husband and I went to Canon launch party, and I got *this* close to Jon Bon Jovi, who was there supporting his tour photographer. I have to admit that I’m not a huge Bon Jovi fan, so it was a little lost on me. It was complete chaos around him with everyone trying to snap a pic. We also got our picture taken with Boomer Esiason. Also a little lost on me, but the hubs was happy!
On Monday, I went to a live #foodiechats event. I met awesome bloggers, drank a little wine, and ate delicious food prepared by Ninja, the event sponsor. My favorite was the green bean casserole, which was made with cashew cream instead of the standard cream of mushroom soup. It was totally delish and tasted just like the original. If you’re a foodie and like chatting about food, definitely check out #foodiechats and join the weekly, super fun Twitter chat.
I also spent some time taking fall pics in Central Park – see those below.
Next week, I have some exciting things planned for you! Come back Monday for cute holiday hair tutorials. I’m also sharing my holiday gift guide, along with tutorials for DIY gifts, all week long. Plus, I’m rounding up the best Black Friday sales. My Black Friday philosophy: avoid the crowds and shop in your PJs!
On to my favorite links from the week!
Ladies: does your wardrobe need a little help? Join the Winter/Holiday Style Me Pretty Challenge with one of my favorite bloggers, Alison from Get Your Pretty On. You’ll get 21 days of outfits – everything from casual to dressy – plus tons of inspiration. It’s like having a personal stylist for much (much!) less money!
Learn how to make a Cut Paper Quote with help from Sum of their Stories. It would make a great personalized gift!
This Crispy Sweet Potato Roast from Smitten Kitchen looks seriously delicious.
Keep these DIY Lotion Bars from The Small Things handy during the dry winter months or give them as gifts.
Looking for the perfect fall dinner? Make this Cheesy Kale Sweet Potato Tart from The Woks of Life.
Dress up your home for the holidays with these DIY Metallic Dipped Taper Candles from Oleander and Palm.
This Simple Fall Slaw from Minimalist Baker looks light, healthy, and delicious.
Hello Natural shows us How to Infuse Booze, as well as 9 infused recipe ideas.
- The Limited: today only! Take 50% off All Full-Priced Items (excludes select styles)! Valid 11/21 only!
- Nordstrom: shop new Frye Boots/Booties Markdowns on Frye Boots and Booties + take up to 50% off select Men’s Outerwear from Michael Kors, DIESEL, and more.
- Kohls: take 20% off site wide with code FRIEND20 (through 11/23).
- C. Wonder: shop the Friends & Family Sale and get 30% off EVERYTHING! Plus, shop totes, card cases, pouches, and more starting at just $10!
- Target: shops the Target+TOMS holiday collection! For every limited-edition gift you buy, Target is giving to those in need!
- Walmart: Pre-Black Friday is on! Find Big Deals before the Big Day!
- Walgreens: take 60% off Photo Books with code HOTDEAL511 (ends 12/1)!
- Best Buy: beat the Black Friday Rush: 6 Deals, 3 Days (ends 11/22) + see the Black Friday Ad!
- Bauble Bar: take 25% off select Personalized Jewelry styles with code PERSONAL25 (through 11/26).
- Need Supply Co.: take $50 off any $200+ order with code GIFTYOURSELF (ends 11/25)!
- Alternative Apparel: take 15% off men’s and women’s hoodies. Plus, take an additional 20% off sale prices with code ADD20 (both sales through 11/23).
- philosophy: take $10 off a $50 purchase with code ’10forme’ (through 11/23).
- Julep: get the Julep Holiday Glam GWP ($120 value) FREE with any $35 purchase with code SHINETIME!
- Sur La Table: shop the Coffee & Espresso Sale! Save 25% on Nespresso + up to 45% on De’Longhi + more!
- NOVICA: save $10 off $50, $15 off $100, or $25 off $150 with code EARLY10, EARLY15 or EARLY25 (through 11/23).
- World Market: take 25% off ALL furniture with code FURNTIME.
- Home Decorators Collection: save 30-50% during the 12 Days of Deals at Home Decorators Collection! Ends 12/1!
- Living Social: it’s the Pre-Black Friday Event! Take $10 off $30+ with code SHOPEARLY (through 11/21). Restrictions apply.
- Groupon: save up to 30% on select Local Deals (through 11/24).
Finally, get into the holiday spirit with a Snickerdoodle Martini from Dawn Nicole. Cheers!
Have a great weekend! Anything fun planned?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
P.P.S. Check out my latest posts for Coldwell Banker!
- Get Prepared for Winter in NYC (good tips for anywhere, really!)
- How to Make Small Apartments Liveable
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).