As much as I love my skinny jeans, I also like to change things up every now and then. Which is why I was excited to see that flared jeans are back on trend!
Flared jeans are super flattering ... hello, curves and long legs! They look great with a variety of shoes, and with leg widths ranging from mini-boot cuts to exagerated bells, there's a pair for everyone.
Not sure how to wear flared jeans? Here are some tips:
- Length is important, so choose a pair based on whether you plan to wear it with heels or flats. Floor-skimming hems (½-inch from the ground) look best and will give you legs that never seem to end. Get them hemmed, if needed.
- Dark washes are very slimming and easy to dress up, while lighter washes are more casual.
- High waists, larger flares, and light washes add to the retro vibe of this style. Play it up with platform shoes and slim-fitting tops (maybe tucked in).
- I love, love, love flared jeans with wedge sandals ... it's just so seventies chic! But try dressing them up with heels for a night out or dressing them down with sandals, slip-ons, or sneakers, too.
- Look for tops that skim or drape over your body.
Still not sure how to wear flared jeans? I pulled together some fun outfit ideas! There are so many ways to wear these jeans, and these are some of my favorite pieces right now:
- Free People Textured Lace Camisole
- Levi's Modern Western Shirt
- Sandra Ingrish ¾ Roll Sleeve Knit Shirt
- Forever 21 Heathered Stripe Top
- Paige Denim 'Fiona' Flare Jeans
- Jennifer Lopez Bootcut Jeans
- Paige Denim 'Fionna' Flare Jeans
- Forever 21 Low-Rise Flared Jeans
- Lucky Brand 'Lyndell' Leather Wedge
- Ariat 'Fortune' Studded and Perforated Leather Slingback Sandal
- Birkenstock 'Gizeh' Birko-Flor Thong
- Keds 'Teacup' Slip-On
- Caslon Shirred V-Neck Tee
- Ella Moss Twist Front V-Neck Tank
- Joie 'Iva' Print Silk Blouse
- Forever 21 Eyelet Mesh Layered Top
- True Religion 'Charlize' Flare Jeans
- AG 'Angel' Flare Pants
- Paige Denim 'Bell Canyon' High Rise Flare Jeans
- MiH 'Marrakesh' Flare Jeans
- Toni Pons 'Caldes' Linen Wedge Sandal
- Enzo Angiolini 'Manna' Ankle Strap Sandal
- Rockport 'Garden Port' Wedge Sandal
- Kate Spade 'Licorice Too' Pump
Are you a fan of flared jeans, too?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps keep Hello Little Home running.