Celebrate the season with these festive Red, White, and Blue Decor Ideas!
This post contains affiliate links.
Since the 4th of July is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to do a roundup of red, white, and blue for the home.
It actually sounds like a tricky color palette, doesn’t it? After all, if you’re into more modern decor, you probably don’t want your home to resemble a flag.
Red, White, and Blue Decor Ideas
Here are a few tips for successfully decorating your home with red, white, and blue:
- A little goes a long way, so start small. You can always add more.
- Avoid primary colors. Instead, use shades of these colors (such as a grayish blue or a rusty red) to create a more sophisticated palette.
- Use pieces bearing images of the flag, like the sailboat and pillow below, in small doses, or save them for the holidays.
- Look for unexpected ways to bring these colors into your home. For example, no one who sees the abstract painting below is going to automatically think, “Ah … 4th of July!”
Now that you have a few tips, are you ready to get started?
Then, check out some of my favorite red, white, and blue items for the home:
- Home Decorators Collection Gordon Tufted Sofa
- Jill Rosenwald Hourglass Pouf
- Modern Heritage Cutout Table Lamp
- Safavieh Chloe Club Chair
- Home Decorators Collection Aristocrat Rug
- Blue Iron Decorative Sphere
- Home Decorators Collection American Flag Sailboat
- Lulu & Georgia Gemini Vase
- Home Fashions International Ogee Lattice Indoor Outdoor Decorative Pillow
- Azure by Kent Youngstrom
- World Market Red Stripe Mugla Kitchen Tea Towel
- World Market Indigo Buffet Napkins
- World Market Arrow Marquee Light
- World Market USA Flag Jute Lumbar Pillow
- Threshold Nautical Metal Decorative Tray
- Rae Dunn by Magenta Salt & Pepper Cellars
- Nordstrom at Home ‘Soleil’ Pillow
- Carolina Cottage Logan Metal Stool
- World Market White Coupe Collection
- Kate Spade Charlotte Street Tidbit Plates
Would you ever decorate with red, white, and blue?