I heard my first Christmas song yesterday. I’ve been in denial, but ready or not, December is just around the corner and so are my favorite holidays!
This week, I’m getting into the holiday spirit. I love making DIY gifts for my friends and family, as well as shopping for just the perfect thing. So every day this week, I’ll be sharing an easy DIY gift along with a fun gift guide.
Today, I have a recipe for DIY Salted Caramel Sauce and a foodie gift guide.
I love, love, love salted caramel sauce. I’ll eat it on pretty much everything, and I even have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to it.
For a long time, I was under the impression that it was difficult to make, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. You can whip up a batch of this DIY Salted Caramel Sauce in about 10 minutes with just a few ingredients … no thermometers or tricky steps required!
If you can bear to share it, this luscious treat makes the perfect gift. Just package it in a small jar and attach a simple paper gift tag. It reheats easily in the microwave and is delicious drizzled over ice cream and all your favorite sweets.
Scroll to the end of the post for the simple recipe.
To go along with my DIY Salted Caramel Sauce, I’ve created a foodie gift guide. I think we all know someone who lives and dies for their next meal. This gift guide has something that will make any food-lover lick their lips in delight!
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F*ck. If you’ve ever visited Thug Kitchen’s blog, you’re familiar with their irreverent take on healthy eating. The companion cookbook is filled with the same fun attitude and more than 100 delicious recipes.
Silpat Baking Mats. Any baker would love one of these French nonstick mats that make baking and cleanup a snap.
Le Creuset Soleil Tagine. Look for a unique gift? This colorful, cast iron tagine (available in more colors) is ideal making the Moroccan stew it’s named after, as well as browning foods on the stovetop and warming tortillas or flatbreads in the oven.
Sur La Table Olivewood Tree Slice Serving Board. Package this gorgeous board with a few of your favorite foods and a bottle of wine.
Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes. Nutella fanatics will love this cookbook, which has mouth-watering recipes for everything from macaroons to cheesecake.
- Rifle Paper Co. Recipe Box. Give a gorgeous, vintage-inspired tin recipe box! It comes with 12 letterpressed dividers and 24 recipe cards featuring Rifle Paper Co.’s beautiful designs.
- GEFU Spirelli Spiral Slicer. Healthy eaters will love this cool gadget that effortlessly slices their favorite veggies into spirals.
- Jacob Bromwell Original Popcorn Popper. Create family memories with this heirloom-quality, old-time popper! It’s an American classic that’s in its 195th year of production.
- Kitchen Papers by Cake ‘Goat, Sheep & Cow’ Cheese Markers. Entertainers and cheese-lovers alike will adore these fun markers.
- Lodge Logic Cast Iron Skillet. A cast iron skillet is a kitchen classic that will last a lifetime.
- Nambé ‘Bella’ Salad Bowl & Servers. This gorgeous salad set will look at home on any table.
- Paper Source Donuts Apron. Your favorite donut lover will adore this cute apron! Donuts pot holders, tea towels, and more are available, too.
- Indian Essentials Organic Herbs and Spices. This set contains everything needed to cook delicious Indian meals. If Indian food isn’t their thing, give a Mexican, Italian, Thai, or Mobile Foodie Survival Kit instead.
- The Complete Beer Course: Boot Camp for Beer Geeks. This cool book is structured around a series of easy-to-follow classes that will turn your loved one into a beer expert!
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and cream.
- Stir until smooth.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix in salt and vanilla.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
- - Refrigerate any unused caramel sauce.
- - To reheat caramel sauce, heat for 15 seconds in the microwave, stir, and repeat until hot.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).