My style tends to lean toward preppy or traditional, but lately, I’ve been drawn to a more boho look … both in clothes and in my home.
Summer is the perfect time to embrace your bohemian side … even if it’s hidden deep inside like mine! Everything is more relaxed and colorful, and “style rules” can be flexed a bit, too.
When I saw this outfit on Jamie Chung, I knew I had to recreate it. It definitely has a boho flair, but all the piece have streamlined shapes. Perfect for my version of this laid-back style!
Here’s how you can get the look, too:
- Pair a faded chambray shirt – tied at the waist – with a printed skirt. My favorite is this embroidered a-line mini, but I found a great knee-length knit version, too.
- Add a pair of strappy, lace-up sandals.
- Carry a red clutch. I love Rebecca Minkoff’s Marlowe Mini, which has a removable strap.
- Accessorize with gold jewelry and a boyfriend watch. Because the skirt is such a stand-out piece, keep your jewelry simple. I’d wear a pair of thumbprint studs (actually a set of three), link necklace, and classic Timex watch.
- Hide behind a pair of over-sized sunglasses. This tortoise shell pair is a steal at $12!
Are you a fan of boho style, too?
P.S. Check out all of my Get the Look posts!
I’m linking up with I Feel Pretty, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Friday’s Fab Favorites, Monday Mingle, How I Summer, More Pieces of Me, On the Daily Express, Let It Shine, Random Wednesday, and What I Wore.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).