My style tends to lean toward preppy or traditional, but lately, I've been drawn to a more boho look ... both in clothes and in my home.
Summer is the perfect time to embrace your bohemian side ... even if it's hidden deep inside like mine! Everything is more relaxed and colorful, and "style rules" can be flexed a bit, too.
When I saw this outfit on Jamie Chung, I knew I had to recreate it. It definitely has a boho flair, but all the piece have streamlined shapes. Perfect for my version of this laid-back style!
Here's how you can get the look, too:
- Pair a faded chambray shirt - tied at the waist - with a printed skirt. My favorite is this embroidered a-line mini, but I found a great knee-length knit version, too.
- Add a pair of strappy, lace-up sandals.
- Carry a red clutch. I love Rebecca Minkoff's Marlowe Mini, which has a removable strap.
- Accessorize with gold jewelry and a boyfriend watch. Because the skirt is such a stand-out piece, keep your jewelry simple. I'd wear a pair of thumbprint studs (actually a set of three), link necklace, and classic Timex watch.
- Hide behind a pair of over-sized sunglasses. This tortoise shell pair is a steal at $12!
Are you a fan of boho style, too?
P.S. Check out all of my Get the Look posts!
I'm linking up with I Feel Pretty, Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday, Friday's Fab Favorites, Monday Mingle, How I Summer, More Pieces of Me, On the Daily Express, Let It Shine, Random Wednesday, and What I Wore.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).