Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week.
The past couple weeks have been really busy around here. I went to the Fancy Food Show, a trade event showcasing specialty foods. There were tons of things to try … almost too much. I’ll be sharing some of my favorites next week, and let me tell you, it’s been hard to narrow down!
This past week or so, I’ve been kitty-sitting again. I loved spending time in Brooklyn near our friends and hanging out with that mischievous cat. He likes to sleep during the day and then get up in the middle of the night. A lot of pouncing was involved and did not make for very good sleep … ha ha!
Here are some of my favorite links from the past couple weeks:
I love a twist on a classic recipe, like these Spicy Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies from Running to the Kitchen.
Wit Wisdom and Food has some great Paleo and Whole 30 Links that are definitely worth checking out if you’re considering a diet change.
Make a Linen Gauze Wrap with The Purl Bee’s tutorial. It’s super easy and has a fun neon accent.
This Grilled Egg and Cheese from I Am a Food Blog is a souped up, cheesy version of toad in the hole (egg in a basket, etc.). Yum!
One of my personal goals this year was to improve my photography. If you’re trying to do the same, don’t miss Brit + Co.’s 10 Tabletop Photography Tips.
Pinch of Yum’s Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Nachos are making me seriously hungry.
Have you seen Woods of Bell Trees’ stunning DIY Otomi Stenciled Floor? It’s gorgeous!
If the photos of these Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Burrata and Cherry Tomatoes from The Londoner don’t make you hungry, I don’t know what will!
Lovely Indeed’s DIY Shibori Dyed Placemats would be the perfect thing to dress up an outdoor table (or indoor for that matter).
Get fancy with your toast! Oh She Glows has an Ode to Toast that will make your mouth water.
Make a gorgeous DIY Gemstone Picture Frame with The Crafted Life’s tutorial.
Camille Styles’ Roasted Potato Salad with Fennel, Tomatoes, and Asparagus would make a brilliant summer meal.
These Watercolor Luggage Tags (get the free printable!) from Design Sponge are stunning!
If you’re a brownie lover like me, check out these Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Smitten Kitchen … OMG!
How many of these 50 Essential Cult Novels (via Flavorwire) have you read?
A few sales to keep you busy this weekend!
- Target: it’s Black Friday in July! Buy 1, get 1 50% off clothing & more. Valid 7/11 – 7/12 only!
- Kohl’s: shop bonus buys! Save 65% on beach towels, 40% off bras, 20-50% on kitchen electronics, 40-60% on sandals, 40-60% on women’s activewear, and much more! Plus, get $10 Kohl’s cash for every $50 you spend!
- The Limited: take an extra 40% off all sale items (through 7/14)!
- C. Wonder: save up to 70% during the Semi-Annual Big Wonder Sale (ends 7/14).
- ModCloth: save 50% during the Wow Factor sale, plus save 30% on swimwear.
- Need Supply Company: save up to 50% at the Spring/Summer Sale for men and women.
- Dooney & Bourke: shop Summer Beach Totes, plus get free shipping on $100+ orders.
- Forever 21: take an extra 30% off sale items (through 7/16)!
- Swim Spot: save $50 and get free shipping when you spend $125+ on regularly priced items with code SWIMREADY (through 7/20).
- philosophy: recieve a free “time in a bottle” deluxe sample with any moisturizer purchase using code “together” (through 7/14).
- e.l.f. cosmetics: celebrate e.l.f.’s birthday and get the Birthday Beauty Kit, normally $21, FREE with any $25+ order with code BDAYKIT (through 7/14).
- World Market: save 50% on all BBQs, Tools, and Accessories (through 7/14) or take 10% off your purchase with code SAVEBIG10.
- Design Within Reach: save 25 – 50% on select outdoor accessories.
- Home Decorators Collection: it’s the Summer Warehouse Sale! Get 25% off + free shipping on 1000+ items (ends 7/14).
- Sur La Table: shop the Outdoor Entertaining Sale and save up to 55%.
- Paper Source: buy 1 stamper with a custom plate and get a 2nd custom plate FREE (ends 7/14).
- Walmart: camping gear is on rollback, starting at $3.87!
- Craftsy: save up to 50% on all online classes during Craftsy’s BIG Summer Sale!
- Hancock Fabrics: save up to 66% during the Big Yellow Sale!
- Michaels: take 40% off any 1 regular price item with code SAVE40M, 50% off regular price Bead Gallery Strung Beads with code BEAD50A, 50% off regular price 12×12 Scrapbook Paper Pads with code SCRAPBOOK50A, 40% off regular price Artist Canvas & Artist Paper Pads and Easels with code ARTIST40A, or 40% off regular price Artist Acrylic, Watercolor & Oil Paints, Brushes, Pencils, Pastels & Markers with code PAINT40A (all valid through 7/12).
- Living Social: take 10% off your purchase with code 10SALE (through 7/13).
- Groupon: take 10% off 1 Local Food and Drink deal with code EAT10 (through 7/12).
Finally, celebrate summer with Design Love Fest’s Mango Limeade Cocktail (or make one of the other two options). Cheers!
What will you be up to this weekend?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).