One of the things I love about my neighborhood are all the parks. Of course, everyone has heard of Central Park, but Riverside Park is pretty great, too, and usually not as crowded.
Riverside Park runs parallel to the Hudson River, hence the name! It’s full of beautiful flowering trees at this time of year, and there are a couple cafes with outdoor seating, where it’s fun to hang out on warm, sunny days.
My husband and I stopped by one of the cafes recently, and we ordered some wine and fries to snack on. The fries were so good. Well, it turns out the magic ingredient was Old Bay!
Now, I’ve always associated Old Bay Seasoning with seafood, but it’s delicious on many foods. I’ve been sprinkling it on pretty much everything since that afternoon, and I even came up with a recipe for Old Bay Roasted Potato Wedges.
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 2/3 cup mayonaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in half and then cut halves into wedges.
- Place wedges in a resealable plastic bag. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Old Bay and salt.
- Reseal the bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and add potatoes in a single layer.
- Stick potatoes in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip potatoes and return to oven. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are deep golden brown on both sides.
- While potatoes are cooking, roughly chop parsley leaves. Set aside.
- To prepare dipping sauce, add mayonnaise, ketchup, and 2 tsp. Old Bay to a small bowl. Whisk until completely smooth.
- When potatoes are cooked, toss with parsley. Season to taste with additional salt and Old Bay, if desired.
- Serve wedges with dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Have you rediscovered any ingredients, like Old Bay, recently? Let me know so I can try it, too!
I’m linking up with these link parties, as well as Much Ado About Monday, Inspire Me Tuesday, Tweak It Tuesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Create & Share, The Makers, Lovely Ladies Linky, Work It Wednesday, Creative Inspirations, Create It Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Link’n Blogs, Flaunt It Friday, Craft Frenzy Friday, Inspire Me Please, Fridays Unfolded, Family Fun Friday, Frugal Friday, Link Party Palooza, Best of the Weekend, Creative Collection, Say G’Day Saturday, Saturday Sparks, Showlicious, Saturday Night Fever, Think Pink Sunday, and Inspire Me Monday.