My husband and I are headed to Rockaway Beach this Friday—weather permitting—and I’ve been counting down the days until my toes hit the sand!
I absolutely love the Rockaways. It’s super laid back (reminds me of Santa Cruz, California), and the beach isn’t too crowded if you go during the week. Plus, you can get there on the subway!
When I head to the beach, there are a few beach day essentials that I always bring.
Of course, when it comes to beach day essentials, you have to start with a great swimsuit! Add some great accessories, and you don’t need much more.
- Swimsuits: The gorgeous draping on this Magic Suit by Miraclesuit ‘Diana’ One-Shoulder Suit accentuates your curves while concealing your middle. Win-win! (There aren’t many sizes left, plus it’s 40% off, so grab it now.) I’m in love with this Carmen Marc Valvo Pleated High Neck Maillot … talk about glam! As far as two pieces go, you can’t beat this striking Kate Spade ‘Georgica Beach’ Stripe Bralette and Classic Bottom.
- Sunnies: A pair of great sunglasses is a beach must have! You can’t go wrong with an oversized pair, like these Aframes ‘Kenya’ Sunglasses (they even come in pink). These Forever 21 Oversized Round Sunglasses are cute, trendy, and cheap! Ray-Ban’s Original Aviator Sunglasses are a classic and come in tons of fun colors.
- Towels: I love a fun beach towel! John Robshaw’s ‘Alabat’ Beach Towel is bright, cheery, and has a great pattern and cute tassels. The stripes and flowers on this Desigual Reversible Cotton Towel are a super pretty combination. It doesn’t get more adorable than this SONOMA outdoors Watermelon Turkish Cotton Beach Towel!
- Hats: Protect your beautiful face with a great hat! Forever 21’s Striped Floppy Straw Hat has an awesome nautical vibe with its knotted rope band, plus it’s priced under $15! This Emanuel Geraldo Floppy Lace Hat is so pretty and will work with any suit. Also under $15 is this trendy Straw Boater Hat from Forever 21 … love that bow in the back!
- Cover-Ups: Loose, flowy cover-ups are perfect for running around on the beach. I love the fun, beachy print on Forever 21’s Twist-Front Tropical Print Cover-Up. Let your swimsuit peek through this Topshop ‘Angel’ Lace Caftan! The sheer trim on this La Blanca Crochet Trim Cover-Up is so pretty, plus it comes in 4 perfect-for-the-beach colors.
- Sandals: What’s a beach day without a flip flop? TKEES’ ‘Highlighters’ Flip Flops are simple, yet glam. I love, love, love the tassels on these Jack Rogers ‘Alana’ Thong Sandals! These Kork-Ease ‘Ridley’ Leather Thong Sandals are sleek and super comfortable (not many sizes left!).
- Bags: The perfect bag to hold everything is key! Forever 21’s Oversized Denim Tote has a great 70’s vibe. Go nautical with Forever 21’s Striped Faux Leather Trim Tote. I am 100% obsessed with Ban.do’s Watermelon Cooler. First of all, it’s so cute! Plus, this adorable bag is also insulated to keep your drinks and food cold.
- Umbrella: Unless I want to resemble a tomato when I leave the beach, an umbrella is a must. This year, I upgraded our chintzy umbrellas to this cute and affordable Cloudnine 80″ Beach Umbrella, and I can’t wait to test it out Friday!
- Extras: Of course, I cannot forget the sunblock! With my fair skin, I’m a bit obsessive about applying it before I leave and then throughout the day. I also bring a couple cheap beach mats to keep my towel from getting full of sand. Then there’s the snacks, books, and magazines … can’t leave those behind!
What are your beach day essentials?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps keep Hello Little Home running.