Indulge in this luxurious Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub! This DIY Scrub is so easy-to-make and super moisturizing (the perfect antidote to dry, flaky skin) ... treat yourself or gift it to a friend!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My skin is always so dry at this time of year. Instead of silently suffering in silence though, I headed into my kitchen to make a luxurious skin treatment.
Yes, you'll find everything you need to make this nourishing Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub in your kitchen! This simple Sugar Scrub is so easy that a recipe is hardly necessary (only two ingredients are required), and you probably already have them in your cupboards.
You are going to love this scrub. It will make you feel amazing, because it's perfect for banishing dry, flaky skin on your lips, hands, feet, and body ... hello smooth, glowing legs!
Keep this delightful beauty treatment to yourself or give it as a gift. I've even created a free printable label that you can use when gifting it!
Ready to try this scrub for yourself? You'll find all the details below, so just keep scrolling!
This homemade scrub uses two simple ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- Sugar - Regular granulated sugar (the kind you'll find in your kitchen) forms the basis of the scrub. It adds just enough grit to exfoliate without irritating your skin.
- Coconut Oil - You'll mix the sugar with coconut oil. This rich oil makes the finished scrub super moisturizing.
- Optional Mix-Ins - This basic recipe can be customized with different essential oils, sugars, and more. Check out my tips below for some easy ideas.
You'll Also Need
You'll need a small bowl and a spoon to mix everything together, as well as a jar (or another airtight container) to store it in. A mason jar works great for this. If you're planning on giving the scrub as a gift, these pretty quilted jars or these lovely aqua-colored jars would be perfect ... especially if you pair them with my printable label (get it below)!
How to Make Sugar Scrub
This DIY Sugar Scrub recipe couldn't be easier to make! Simply mix together one cup granulated sugar with a half cup coconut oil (plus any mix-ins you'd like to use) in a medium bowl. Once it's well combined, you're done!
If your coconut oil is solid, like mine was, pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds before you stir it into the sugar. This will soften the oil, making it easier to mix everything together.
Wasn't that easy? Store the finished Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub in a small jar and keep it in your shower or next to your sink.
How to Use the Scrub
To use the scrub, place a small amount in the palm of your hand or on your fingertips. Then gently smooth the scrub over your lips, hands, feet, or body, rubbing gently for a few minutes.
Wash the scrub off with warm water, then blot your skin dry. If any coconut oil remains on your skin, gently massage it into your skin. It should sink in completely after a minute or two.
If your hands are especially dry, use a rich lotion to lock in the moisture. This thick, creamy hand lotion is my absolute favorite! It's so nourishing and luxurious, and it actually heals dry skin.
This basic Sugar Scrub recipe is simple to customize! Here are some easy ideas:
- Sugar - Feel free to experiment with different sugars (or a combination). Brown sugar works (and smells) great, and you can even use coarser types, like cane sugar.
- Essential Oils - Adding essential oils is a wonderful way to add a scent, plus different restorative properties to your scrub! A few to try are lavender, lemon or orange, peppermint, rose, tea tree, and chamomile ... you can even combine them, like I did with this homemade Lemon Lavender Sugar Scrub! Check out this helpful guide to learn about different oils and their properties.
- Vitamin E - Make your scrub extra moisturizing by mixing in three to four drops of Vitamin E Oil.
- Coffee - Treat yourself to an extra invigorating coffee scrub by stirring in some coffee grounds. The smell is amazing, and the caffeine is great for your skin, too.
- Coloring - If you'd like to color your scrub, try using mica powder, which is frequently used when making makeup and other beauty products.
- Other Ingredients - You can also mix in other natural ingredients, like citrus zest, crushed rose petals, dried rosemary, vanilla (use seeds from the pod or even extract), dried lavender buds, and more.
Gift Idea + Free Printable Label
I created a free printable label that you can print out (or you could design your own ... I recommend easy-to-use Picmonkey). To access the label, just click here to download the printable PDF (or anywhere on the image below).
Once you've downloaded the PDF, print the labels on card stock. Then cut them out, punch a hole in top, and attach the label to the jar with a ribbon.
More Easy Ideas
If you liked this easy Sugar Scrub, you'll love these other projects, too:
- Lemon Lavender Sugar Scrub
- DIY Relaxation Gift Basket
- Soft, Silky Hands Treatment
- 20 DIY Beauty Treatments
Check out all my DIY and Craft Projects for even more fun ideas!
DIY Sugar Scrub
- Small Bowl
- Mason Jar (for storage)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Combine the sugar and coconut oil in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Store scrub in a jar (or another airtight container) until ready to use. Enjoy!