Learn how to make DIY Satin Hands, just like the Mary Kay version, with simple ingredients you probably already have!
This homemade Soft, Silky Hands Treatment will take your hands from dry and rough to soft and silky in minutes!
This post contains affiliate links.
DIY Hand Treatment at Home
Cold, dry weather has arrived in New York. Yesterday morning the temperature was in the thirties … brrr! The chilly weather has brought dry skin along with it, and my hands have been especially hard hit.
I’m talking alligator skin – it’s not pretty.
Have you ever been to a Mary Kay party? One thing the host always does is a Satin Hands treatment.
Although I’m not necessarily a fan of parties where purchases are required, I do love how this treatment makes my hands feel: super soft and silky!
Since I love that treatment so much, I wanted to create a Satin Hands copycat. But with everyday, affordable items … no kit necessary. This DIY Soft, Silky Hands Treatment is the perfect antidote to dry winter skin, and you can make it with ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
DIY Hand Treatment Supplies
Here’s what you need to make this luxurious treatment at home:
- small bowl
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons hand soap
- small jar or other container
How to Make a DIY Satin Hands Treatment
The first thing you’ll need for DIY Satin Hands is the Cleansing Sugar Scrub.
Pour the sugar into a small bowl and top with the hand soap.
Mix carefully until the sugar and soap are completely incorporated. It should be the consistency of a thick paste. Store in a small jar or other container.
That’s it … the Cleansing Sugar Scrub is complete. I got fancy and added a label to mine!
Soft, Silky Hands Treatment … aka DIY Satin Hands
Next, gather the remaining ingredients for your DIY Soft, Silky Hands Treatment. You’ll need olive oil and your favorite hand lotion.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to the palm of one hand. Slowly rub your hands together, massaging the oil into your skin and cuticles. Pay particular attention to any dry areas.
- Next, place a small spoonful of the scrub in your palm. Rub your hands together, gently exfoliating with the scrub. Focus on any dry patches or rough areas.
- Rinse the scrub off your hands with warm water. Using a clean towel, dry your hands.
- Finish by applying your favorite lotion. I LOVE Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream.
Enjoy your smooth, soft hands! This DIY Satin Hands treatment would also be great for feet. I’m trying that next.
More DIY Beauty Treatments
I hope you enjoy this Satin Hands copycat treatment just as much as I do! How do you keep your hands soft in winter?