I love obscure, fancy, and/or expensive beauty products as much as the next girl, but it’s hard to beat the high of discovering a hidden steal at the drugstore. As much as I love Benefit, et. al., it’s fun to mix high and low products – why spend money on something expensive when there is a more budget-friendly option?
Here’s a roundup of my favorite drugstore beauty products:
1. This e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyebrow Comb + Brush is one of my makeup essentials.
2. Brushes are something you’ll use everyday, but they can be expensive. EcoTools brushes are great quality, and this Bamboo Handle 4-Piece Brush Set is a great starter kit.
3. I will admit that I’m too lazy to curl my lashes everyday, but when I do, my trusty Revlon Lash Curler does the job perfectly.
4. I’m constantly trying new foundations, trying to find “the one.” Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin (I use Ivory) has found a permanent place in the rotation.
5. I’ve mentioned my affection for Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (my color is Ivory) before. Use it under your eyes and to highlight your cheekbones.
6. For concealer with heavier coverage, I use Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer (I like Light Beige for my skin tone). It’s perfect for covering those pesky spots.
7. Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Powder will set your makeup perfectly – I love the velvety finish.
8. I carry Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Pressed Powder (in Ivory) with me for mid-day touch ups. Gotta keep my oily skin in control, and this does the trick.
Eyes & Lips:
9. I always do my eyebrows, even on minimal makeup days. My go to eyebrow pencil is Maybelline Expert Wear Twin Brow and Eye Pencil in Light Brown.
10. I’ve been using CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Self Sharpening Eye Pencil for years. It goes and smoothly and smudges easily for a slightly smoky effect. My favorite color for a natural look is Espresso.
11. Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Moonlit is one of my favorite palettes. I apply the second lightest color all over my lids on lazy days, and if I’m feeling more ambitious, all of the colors can be applied for a more dramatic, but still natural look.
12. As I’ve mentioned before, my go to mascara is Maybelline Volum’Express One By One Mascara in Blackest Black. You’ll love the clump-free finish.
13. I discovered Jordana Incolor Squeeze n Shine Super Shiny Tasty Lip Gloss (now that’s a mouthful) when I was searching for my favorite Philosophy Lip Gloss that I can never seem to find in any local stores. It’s super cheap and it’s not too sticky, which is a surprisingly hard quality to find in a lip gloss.
Do you know of any secret drugstore beauty buys? I’d love to know your favorites!