Hi, friends! Happy Friday!
Did you have a good week? Mine was great! I finally saw Monuments Men during one of the weirdest screenings ever. A fight nearly broke out … between two old women! Regardless, the movie was fun and thought-provoking, and I highly recommend it.
Yesterday, my husband and I went on a really unique date through How About We at a gallery in Bushwick that holds a weekly event called Drink & Draw. We spent a couple hours doing figure drawings and drinking cheap wine. Basically, it was the perfect night for a former art student. I think my husband felt a little awkward at first as a bad drawer, but he quickly got over it (the wine helped). It was so much fun, and I can’t wait to go back!
On to my favorite links from the week!
Little Miss Celebration has a recipe for Rotini, Tomato, and Feta Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette that look oh so good.
These DIY Colorful Rope Coasters from Mama Latina Tips are perfect for summer.
I’m craving a Bahn Mi with Portobellos and Pickled Vegetables from The First Mess.
I’d follow up that sandwich with this Vegan Coconut and Pistachio Ice Cream from Joy the Baker.
This Kitchen Cheat Sheet has lots of handy recipe conversion info.
My husband has been asking me to make him some pickles (not sure why!). These Easy Refrigerator Dills from My Sister’s Pantry look like a good option.
Still need Father’s Day ideas? First, check out my gift guide. Here are a few crafty ideas, too:
- We’re Tied Together Printable (to wrap up that tie) from Design, Dining & Diapers
- Homemade Cookie Necktie via She Knows
- Grandpa’s Stache (a jar filled with mustache shaped candies) from Coco and Cocoa
- Father’s Day Printable Questionnaire from MPM Ideas
- Emergency Car Kit via Style Me Pretty
- Father’s Day Room Service Printable ala Seven Thirty Three
- Printable Father’s Day Gift Wrap from Almost Makes Perfect
I have yet to meet a whoopie pie that I haven’t liked, and these Chocolate and Salted Caramel Whoopie Pies from Busy Moms Helper are filled with my favorite flavors.
The Lou Lou Girls shared 20 Bucket List Ideas for Couples that sound super fun. My husband and I won’t be taking dancing lessons any time soon (that’s a story for another time), but everything else has my two thumbs up.
Do you like tofu? Personally, I love it, but if you’re not sure what to do with it, then check out Serious Eat’s Guide to Tofu Types and the accompanying recipes.
A few weekend sales to save you little money:
- Nordstrom: save up to 40% on your favorite brands at the Men’s Half-Yearly Sale!
- Kohl’s: take an extra 20% off everything with code FRIENDS20 (ends 6/16).
- The Limited: ends today! Buy1, Get 1 50% off full-priced items, PLUS get $15 off every $50 you spend – including markdowns – with code BONUS (through 6/13).
- Bauble Bar: shop the Friday the 13th Sale and take $13 off 13 special baubles!
- Alex and Ani: get $5 off the Bangle of the Month – the Bee Bangle – with code BEE.
- World Market: save 30% on BBQ grills, tools, and accessories, OR pick your promotion: 15% off or free shipping on $100+ with code WMSAVE15 or WMSHIP100 (through 6/15).
- Home Decorators Collection: take 20% off all rugs (ends 6/16).
- Sur La Table: take 20% off any 1 item with code JUNEGIFT (ends 6/15).
- Belle & June: buy 1 garden stool, take 35% off a 2nd garden stool.
- Groupon: take 15% off any 1 local deal with code LOCAL15 (through 6/13).
- LivingSocial: save 15% sitewide with code RADDAD (through 6/15).
- Paper Source: buy more and save! Purchase 10 packs of the same card or envelope (same color) – get 10% off, 25 packs – get 20% off, or get 30% off 50 packs!
- M & J Trimming: get $10 off orders $50 or more with code FORDAD (through 6/15).
- Hancock Fabrics: save during the 1/2 OFF Summer Savings Sale, PLUS take 25% off with all regular price items with code AXTTF (through 6/17).
- Michaels: take 25% off your entire regular price purchase with code 25DADS (through 6/14).
How about a cocktail to keep you cool this weekend? This Cherry Lemonade Slushy from The Housewife in Training Files looks like just the thing. Cheers!
What are you up to this weekend?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
P.P.S. Check out my latest post for Coldwell Banker’s blog: Use Wall Decals to Add Artistic Flair to Your Apartment.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).