This post is brought to you by Bing. All opinions are my own.
Beat the heat with these easy no cook summer recipes!
I feel a little sheepish saying this, but I’ve been dreading summer. Even this past winter, which seemed like it would never end, I kept thinking about how hot it was going to be this summer.
Growing up in the Midwest, I loved summer. It was the best! But after six years of living in San Francisco, I grew accustomed to temperatures in the 50’s and 60’s year round. My first New York summer was a shock to my system. Summers here are hot, humid, and let’s not even talk about how sweltering the subway gets!
The thing that suffered most from the heat was definitely my cooking. It was too hot to cook anything most nights (even with the air conditioning on full tilt), so my husband and I ordered take out (a lot). It wasn’t exactly healthy or good for our budget.
This year, I’m trying to be proactive. I’ve been searching for no cook summer recipes that will hopefully save my waistline and my budget.
I’ve been doing all my searching with Bing. Have you heard of Bing Rewards?
With Bing Rewards, you earn credits every time you search the internet. It’s possible to get rewarded for something I do everyday anyway? Sign me up!
It’s free, and all you need to join is a Microsoft account or Facebook ID. Then, whenever you search with Bing, you earn credits that can be used for gift cards and more. Personally, I plan to use my credits for a Starbucks gift card (iced green tea is another thing that gets me through summer!).
There’s even a Bing app, so you can earn rewards while searching on your mobile devices, too.
Here are some of the easy no cook summer recipes I’ve found with Bing that I can’t wait to try:
- Crostini with Zucchini and Feta
- Hoisin Sesame Salad with Baked Feta
- Watermelon, Radish, and Avocado Tacos
- Italian Vegetable Hoagies
- Mexican Raw Lasagna
- Barbeque Peach Summer Rolls
- Shaved Cauliflower Salad
- Individual No Bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
I’ll be repeating some of my own easy no cook summer recipes, too:
- Creamy Blue Cheese Ricotta Spread (pictured upper right; just add crackers and fruit for a quick dinner)
- Easy Five Step Picnic
- Mexican Kale Salad (pictured lower right)
- Hummus – Classic Recipe + Variations (add veggies and pita for a healthy meal)
- Quick Chopped Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette (pictured on left)
- Spicy Chocolate “Cookies”
What are your favorite no cook summer recipes?