Have you finished up your holiday shopping yet? I have to admit that I always wait until the last minute. It's a bad habit, but at least I usually get everything done at once!
If you're still searching for that last minute gift, why not give a subscription? I love subscriptions! They are truly a gift that keeps on giving, and the recipient will think of you fondly once a month (at least)!
- Bluum is a monthly box of goodies for mom and baby. Each box is hand-packed and the products are based on the child's age, gender, and developmental stage. What mom wouldn't want to receive that cute and colorful box?
- Birchbox is a great way to discover new beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products. There are boxes for men and women and each month your recipient will get a delivery of product samples from high-end brands. I love getting my box every month, and last year, I got a gift subscription for my husband, who still uses some of the items he received!
- Dollar Shave Club is a great option for that hard to buy for guy in your life. Each month, Dollar Shave Club sends high-quality razors to your recipient's door for just $1 - 9/month. This is truly a gift that will be put to good use. Make sure to watch the hilarious video!
- Julep is my favorite subscription service. Each month, Julep Mavens receive a customizable monthly box of full-size polish and products. What I love most about Julep - apart from the fabulous nail polish - is that you can preview the box before it's shipped and makes changes if you wish. Plus, when you give a subscription, Julep will reward you with a $10 julep.com gift card!
- The Honest Company has two great subscription options. A Diaper/Wipes Bundle is perfect for new parents. My sister loves the diapers, which are 100% non-toxic and chlorine-free, made of sustainable and plant-based materials, and are super cute to boot. For anyone else, there is the Essentials Bundle, which includes natural, non-toxic personal care and home cleaning essentials. The products are great for any family member (I love the Organic Healing Balm), and your recipient can customize their monthly order based on their style, size, and product needs.
- Harry & David offers all sorts of clubs/subscriptions. My first pick is the 3 Month Amaryllis Club, which would make a gardener or wannabe green thumb super happy. Each amaryllis comes pre-planted in a rustic wooden bucket. All your recipient has to do is add water, and in four to eight weeks, they'll have a beautiful flowering plant. My other choice is the 3 Month Fruit and Cheese Club, which pairs the perfect gourmet cheese with just the right fruit. Any foodie would love to receive this gift!
- FabFitFun sends its subscribers a box of full-size, premium products (chosen by Giuliana Rancic and the FabFitFun team) 4 times per year. This box is great way to try top-of-the-line beauty, fitness, fashion, and wellness finds and is the perfect gift for a product junkie!
Of course, there is always a gift card, which is especially good for that person who is impossible to buy for (teens, men in general, etc.) and for that truly last minute gift (send an e-card in that case). Here are my favorite options:
- For Anyone: An Amazon gift card can be used for pretty much anything! Plus, it comes with a cute/free gift box and one day shipping. You can even personalize the card with a photo or print it online if you are running really late.
- For Anyone, part 2: Kohl's sells everything from clothes to home decor to electronics. Plus, the prices are great, so your recipient will get a lot of bang for your buck!
- For Teens or Bargain Fashionistas: Don't pick out something they'll hate (sad, but true!), just give a Forever 21 gift card.
- For the Shoe/Fashion Lover: Zappos is basically the Amazon of shoes, handbags, and clothes. They even sell beauty products (who knew?)!
Do you have anyone left on your list? Tell me I'm not alone!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a $50 gift certificate to NOVICA! Today is the last day to enter.