Is there any drink more refreshing than a tall glass of ice cold lemonade on a hot day? If you love this summery drink as much as I do, then you have to try my Strawberry Lemonade … it’s even better than the original!
To me, lemonade brings up memories of summer days spent running around the yard or relaxing on the porch with my feet kicked up. Admittedly, my favorite lemonade growing up was the powdered Minute Maid kind … we went through a ton of that stuff! These days though, I’m all about a big pitcher of homemade Strawberry Lemonade.
Lemonade is surprisingly easy to make – it’s just lemons, sugar, and water. So it’s definitely worth the effort to make it fresh. My go to recipe comes from Entertaining for a Veggie Planet, one of my favorite cookbooks.
I decided to modify that recipe a bit, and the result is the BEST Strawberry Lemonade you’ve ever tasted!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 lemons
- 1/2 lb. strawberries
- Combine sugar and 6 cups hot water (not boiling) in a large pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Juice the lemons (reserving rind from 1 lemon) and add to water.
- Thinly slice reserved rind and add to lemon juice and water. Stir well.
- Hull and halve the strawberries
- Place strawberries in a blender or food processor. Puree.
- Strain the puree using a fine mesh strainer to remove strawberry seeds.
- Add puree to lemonade and stir to combine.
- Serve strawberry lemonade in a tall glass filled with ice. Enjoy!
If you leave out the strawberries, you will have a regular lemonade, which is delicious all on its own. For a refreshing cocktail, just add vodka.
What’s your favorite summer drink?