Treat yourself to a tall glass of ice cold Strawberry Lemonade on a hot summer day ... it's simple to make and so delicious!
Is there any drink more refreshing than a tall glass of ice cold lemonade on a hot day?
To me, lemonade brings up memories of summer days spent running around the yard or relaxing on the porch with my feet kicked up. Admittedly, my favorite lemonade growing up was the powdered Minute Maid kind ... we went through a ton of that stuff!
These days though, I'm all about a big pitcher of homemade Strawberry Lemonade.
If you love this lemonade as much as I do, then you have to try this fun twist on the classic ... it's even better than the original!
Lemonade may seem labor intensive, but it's surprisingly easy to make. After all, it's just lemons, sugar, and water.
So it's definitely worth the effort to make it fresh. My go to recipe comes from Entertaining for a Veggie Planet, one of my favorite cookbooks.
I decided to modify that recipe a bit. And the result is this amazing, easy Strawberry Lemonade recipe. I feel confident saying that his is probably the best lemonade you'll ever taste ... so what are you waiting for? Make a batch today!
By the way, if you're serving this recipe for a party, you can spike this fresh Strawberry Lemonade with vodka. And make sure to check out my Spiked Raspberry Lemonade, too!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 lemons
- ½ pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- Combine sugar and 6 cups hot water (not boiling) in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Juice the lemons (reserving rind from 1 lemon) and add to sugar water.
- Thinly slice reserved rind and add to lemon juice and water. Stir well.
- Place strawberries in a blender or food processor. Puree.
- Strain the puree using a fine mesh strainer to remove strawberry seeds.
- Add puree to lemonade and stir to combine.
- Serve strawberry lemonade in a tall glass filled with ice. Enjoy!
What's your favorite summer drink?