Learn how to make homemade Coasters! These DIY Striped Burlap Coasters are a fun way to add a touch of rustic decor to your home, and they’re ready in minutes!
Are you feeling inspired to try something new this month? Lucky for you, I’ve rounded up 10 things to try this January!
These DIY Wood Slice Snowflake Coasters are a fun and easy craft project … perfect for decorating your home for winter or giving as a holiday gift!
I love a quick and dirty DIY project, especially if it can be personalized. There’s nothing like (near) instant gratification, right?
These DIY monogram coasters with stripes are so easy to make. They’re also the perfect tabletop accessory and make a great gift, too!
With the holidays just around the corner, I’m getting into the seasonal spirit. I love making DIY gifts for my friends and family, as well as shopping for just the perfect thing. So this week, I’ve been sharing a variety of easy DIY gifts along with fun gift guides.
On Wednesday, I shared a DIY Kids Treasure Box and gift guide, and on Tuesday, I showed you how to make Personalized Notepads, plus gift guides for men and women. Monday, I shared my recipe for homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and a foodie gift guide.
Today, I have a tutorial for DIY Vintage French Map Coasters, plus a Home Gift Guide!
I have a soft spot for Paris and France. My husband and I spent 10 amazing days there a couple years ago, and it was such a memorable and enjoyable trip. You can often catch me daydreaming of a return vacation!
Until then, these DIY Vintage French Map Coasters are a great way to bring a touch of France home! You probably already have everything you need to create these easy coasters. I’m also sharing a free printable file with artwork to make it even easier.
Scroll to the end of the post for the step-by-step tutorial!
- Terracotta Vase Bookends. I love these colorful “book” ends – such a fun gift for a book lover!
- To Be or Knot to Be Doorstop. Channel a beach house vibe with this charming door stop.
- Paper Source Custom Stamp. These customizable stamps make the perfect gift for a someone who’s just moved. They’re buy one, get one 50% off right now, so pick a couple up now!
- Gem of a Garden Terrarium. Give your favorite gardener a little piece of the outdoors this winter.
- Chinese Checkers. A classic game is the perfect family gift, especially when it comes in such a beautiful box! Dominoes and Backgammon are also available.
- Crosley Radio ‘Cruiser’ Turntable. This portable 3-speed turntable is a great gift for an audiophile. It comes in 5 colors and even connects with MP3 players.
- Kate Spade Saturday Technicolor Salt and Pepper Shakers. Bring a little color to someone’s table with these cute shakers!
- Grazing Giraffe Vase. How flipping cute is this vase?!? Any animal lover would adore it.
- Hand Carved Book Shelf Art. These one of a kind letters make a unique personalized gift.
- Poppin Coral ‘The Fave’ Desk Set. Help you favorite student or worker bee set up a color coordinated office! Visit Poppin’s website for more combinations and colors.
- Woolrich ‘Allegheny’ Wool Throw. This beautiful throw is perfect for cuddling and makes a wonderful heirloom-quality gift.
- Universal Ironworks ‘Eat’ Recycled Metal Sign. Add a quirky touch to your favorite cook’s kitchen!
- Jonathon Adler Universal Smart Phone Dock. Such a fun gift for the phone obsessed!
- Head of the Class Container. Anyone with a sweet tooth would love to receive this unique container filled with candy!
- Kate Spade Food for Thought Placemat. This adorable placemat comes in a variety of bright colors and fun sayings.
- Kate Spade Black Enamel Square Jewelry Box. Fashionista’s will love this pretty box.
- C. Wonder Porcelain Coaster Set. These coasters are a great gift for entertainers.
- All Out Of Notepad. Help your favorite friend get more organized with this handy pad.
- Ambrosia Copper Candle. This is absolutely the best-smelling candle ever! It comes in a beautiful (and re-usable) copper container that’s hand-hammered in India.
Would you like to create your own DIY Vintage French Map Coasters?
- free printable file (located at end of post)
- heavy cardboard or mat board
- utility knife
- self-healing mat
- Mod Podge
- foam brush
- metallic gold or silver maker
Print the free printable file on letter-size printer paper. For best results, when your printer dialog box opens, make sure that the box under “Paper Size & Handling” is marked “Actual Size” (not “shrink oversized pages” or “fit to page”). That way your printer won’t shrink the image size.
Cut out the coasters (there are six on the page) using the scissors.
On your cardboard/mat board, mark out six 3.5 x 3.5-inch squares. Use your utility knife and self-healing mat to cut out the squares.
The art can also be applied to ceramic tiles for an even longer lasting surface.
These coasters are completely customizable. Choose your own image and crop it to size. I found these map images on The Graphics Fairy, my favorite resource for vintage clip art.
Are you planning to make any gifts this year?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).