Are you a magnet person? My husband is. Everywhere we go, he seems to pick up at least one. He even makes his own magnets from souvenirs, bottle caps, pins, etc. That’s about as crafty as he gets, although he recently told me he wants to start painting!
Our refrigerator is covered with these magnets. For a while I was kind of over them … all I wanted was a clean refrigerator! Joel wasn’t having it though, and I have to admit that it’s fun to look at each one and think of the memory that’s attached to it.
I decided to surprise Joel recently and came up with a quick DIY project for Mini Chalkboard Magnets. This is such a simple project and would be perfect for kids, too.
- wood cutouts (find them at Michaels)
- chalkboard paint
- small paintbrush
- craft glue
OK, let’s get started. You’ll be done in a snap!
- Using your paintbrush, apply a thin coat of chalkboard paint.
- Because the wood is so absorbent, so you’ll need to apply multiple coats (I did 4). The paint dries very quickly, but if you are impatient like me, use a blowdryer to dry the paint in between coats.
- Flip the wood cutout over and apply magnets with a thin coat of craft glue. Use more or less magnets, depending on how strong they are.
- Add a creative message with chalk. Your chalkboard magnet is complete!
Do you collect anything?
I’m sharing this post with these link parties, as well as Your Whims Wednesday, Make Bake Create, Create It Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Link’n Blogs, Flaunt It Friday, Craft Frenzy Friday, Be.You.Tiful, Inspire Me Please, Frugal Friday, Remodelaholic, Best of the Weekend, Say G’Day Saturday, Saturday Sparks, Show-licious Craft & Recipe Party, Link It or Lump It, Sunday Soiree, The DIY’ers, Much Ado About Monday, The Scoop, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Inspire Me Tuesday, Awesome Things Tuesday, The Makers, Create & Share, and Work It Wednesday.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).