Looking for fun summer ideas? Then you'll love these cheap and easy-to-make DIY Yard Games! Get tutorials for 25 Backyard Games—from Cornhole to Giant Jenga (and everything in between)—these homemade games are perfect for summer parties!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The countdown to summer has begun! With the sunniest season just around the corner, I'm looking forward to lots of get togethers. And one thing I always look forward to doing at outdoor parties is playing Lawn Games!
I'm actually fairly new to Backyard Games. At most parties I attended as a kid, the adults drank cocktails while the kids played tag or hung out in the kiddie pool ... see evidence of that below!
While we did have a few games like Toss Across and Jarts, I never played cornhole until I was in my twenties (shocking, I know!). These days though, it isn't a party without a game or two to keep everyone occupied.
DIY Yard Games
While it's possible to purchase these games, it's even more fun to make your own DIY Yard Games. And I've rounded up tons of fun ideas below! Here's why you'll love these games:
- Cheap + Easy to Make - Most of these tutorials are simple to follow and use affordable, easy to find supplies so you can build them on a budget!
- Customizable - Create your own Outdoor Games to match your backyard aesthetic, fave colors, or garden decor.
- Fun for Everyone - You'll find ridiculously fun ideas below for everyone, including friends, families, kids, teens, and adults!
- Giant Size - For the most part, these are giant sized versions of your favorite games ... which makes them even more exciting to play!
- Perfect for Parties - Having a few homemade DIY Outdoor Games is a fun activity that's sure to make your next party even more memorable! Perfect for barbecues, neighborhood get togethers, weddings, birthday parties, and more. You can even take them camping!
Ready to put your crafty fingers to work? Keep reading to explore all the games!
P.S. Are you short on time? Check out my roundup of classic Outdoor Games that you can buy at the end of the post!
1. Beach Ball Bowling
Create this awesome DIY Beach Ball Bowling from Polka Dot Chair with just a few simple supplies!
2. Giant Jenga
This DIY Giant Jenga from Lemon Thistle is one of those games you'll play constantly!
3. Lawn Dice
These homemade DIY Lawn Dice from Create & Babble are perfect for playing Yatzee and other dice games!
4. Backyard Slingshot
Can you think of anyone who wouldn't love playing with this DIY Backyard Slingshot from Rogue Engineer? Looks so fun!
5. DIY Plinko
Live out your Price Is Right fantasies with this amazing DIY Plinko Game from Happiness is Homemade!
6. Ring Toss Game
This Make Your Own Ring Toss Game from The Country Chic Cottage is a total classic!
7. Giant Dominoes
For giant sized fun your whole family will enjoy, make these DIY Lawn Dominoes from Dream a Little Bigger!
8. DIY Tetherball
This DIY Tetherball Set from Our Salt Farm is sure to be a hit at any party!
9. Backyard Kerplunk
This homemade Giant Outdoor Kerplunk from A Little Craft in Your Day is easy to make and so fun to play!
10. Swedish Kubb Set
Looking to branch out from Cornhole? Then you'll love this DIY Kubb Set (a Swedish Lawn Game) from Her Tool Belt!
11. Sprinkler Limbo
Set up this DIY Sprinkler Limbo from The Pinning Mama for non-stop summer fun for kids and adults alike!
12. Rainbow Hopscotch
This DIY Rainbow Paver Hopscotch from Happiness is Homemade is a colorful classic that will get tons of use!
13. Backyard Scrabble
14. Giant Connect Four
This DIY Four in a Row game from Build-Basic is sure to lead to non-stop summer fun!
15. Flamingo Ring Toss
How cute is this colorful DIY Flamingo Ring Toss from Sugar & Cloth? And so much fun to play, too!
16. Washer Toss
This DIY Washer Toss Game from ECAB is another classic that you'll get tons of use out of!
17. Homemade Cornhole Board
This vibrant DIY Cornhole Game from Lovely Indeed kicks the classic Backyard Game up a notch!
18. Fishing Game
No lake? No problem! You kids will love playing my DIY Fishing Game, and it's easy to make in any colors you want!
19. Outdoor Twister
This homemade Lawn Twister from One Good Thing by Jillee is so simple to make, and it's the perfect summer activity for all ages!
20. Ladder Golf
Test your throwing skills with this clever DIY Ladder Golf from Here Comes the Sun!
21. Jumbo Tic Tac Toe
Outdoor Games are even more enjoyable when they're giant sized, including this Oversized Tic Tac Toe from Her Tool Belt!
22. DIY Bean Bag Game
Sometimes simple is the most fun, like this colorful DIY Bean Bag Toss from Mod Podge Rocks!
23. Giant Pick Up Sticks
Test your skill with this awesome Giant Pick Up Sticks from Nellie Bellie!
24. Bubble Wands
My DIY Bubble Wands are super easy to make with extra beads and a little wire, and they'll keep your kids busy all afternoon!
25. DIY Outdoor Scorecard
And of course, you'll need something to keep score on ... like this cool Chalkboard Scoreboard from Lemon Thistle!
Classic Outdoor Games to Buy
While I love all of these DIY Yard Games, sometimes time is of the essence. And you don't have to make every one of these homemade Backyard Games to enjoy summer fun! Buy one if these instead:
- Jenga Giant
- Giant Four in a Row
- Toss and Catch Set
- Ladder Toss Game
- Triple Racer Slip N' Slide
- Inflatable Bowling Set (Combine with the slip and slide to do Human Water Bowling!)
- Jarts (New and improved!)
- Croquet Set
- Bocce Ball Set
- Giant Dice
- Scoop Ball Set
- Jumbo Pick Up Sticks
- Ring Toss Game
- Washer Toss Game
- Giant Tic Tac Toe
- Jumbo Bananagrams
- Badminton Set
- Giant Wood Dominoes
- Toss Across Game
- Backyard Kubb Set
More At Home Entertaining Ideas
I hope you founds lots of homemade Yard Games to make! If you're looking for more at home activities, try one of these ideas next:
- If you love games, don't miss my tips for Hosting a Game Night Party (or check out all of my party ideas).
- Want to connect with your sweetie? Then you'll love these 40 Creative At Home Date Ideas!
- If you're feeling bored, read this roundup of 130 Things to Do at Home for out of the box ideas.
- Make a bucket list! Check out my Spring Bucket List, Fall Bucket List, or Winter Bucket List for things to include.