I’m super excited to bring back my holiday gift guide series this week. Each day, I’m sharing a gift you can make, plus an accompanying guide for gifts you can purchase … I like to think of these daily posts as my Buy or DIY Gift Guides!
Today I’m sharing a tutorial for a DIY Kids Fishing Game, plus a kids gift guide!
How cute are these bright and cheery fish?
This DIY Kids Fishing Game was inspired by my niece. She loves spending time outdoors, and does a lot of time hunting and fishing with her dad. I thought she’d enjoy a fishing game that she can play at home!
I’m also sharing a kids gift guide today!
- Fashion Angels Tapefitti Caddy – Any child who likes crafting would love to receive this kit. It has 60 different types of washi tape that can be used for decorating cards, journals, or even walls. The tape remove easily and won’t damage anything, which parents are sure to love!
- Flying Pig Bank – this adorable bank is a great way to encourage saving at a young age!
- Spunky Hedgehog – it can’t really get much cuter than a hedgehog wearing a stocking cap! This would make a great stocking stuffer.
- Skip Hop ‘Giraffe Safari’ Stacking Animal Blocks – these adorable blocks are a wonderful gift for a new baby.
- Melissa & Doug Play Baking Set – this fun set has everything a budding chef needs to whip up a delicious meal.
- Jellycat ‘Kitten Tails’ Book – what kid wouldn’t love a book filled with cute kitten tails? There’s also ‘Farm Tails’, ‘Pet Tails’, and more variations if kittens aren’t your thing.
- Hedbanz Game – this lively game gets kids to use their heads in more ways than one while asking yes or no questions to figure out if the cartoon on their head. Sounds like fun, right?
- Melissa & Doug Standing Easel – encourage a budding artist! This awesome easel includes a dry-erase board, chalkboard, locking paper-roll holder, child-safe paper cutter, 4 easy-clip grips, and 2 large plastic trays, that can be removed for easy cleaning.
- ‘M Is for Me’ Personalized Book – with a personalized first initial and their name right on the front cover, this alphabet book is a thoughtful addition to any child’s library and will help him or her learn the ABCs of caring and sharing.
- View Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack – remember the classic view master from your childhood? This updated version will surround your favorite kid with stunning 360-degree environments so they’ll feel as if they are really there!
- Singing Machine Karaoke Machine – gather family for a fun night of karaoke! A front-loading CD player makes it easy to cue up the next song, while an RCA output jack connects to your TV for scrolling lyrics, plus two microphone jacks allow you to sing a duets.
- Build Your Own Ukulele Kit – do you know a young musician? This easy to put together kid has all the pieces they’ll need to build their own ukulele!
- Ubongo Game – kids will love this fast-paced, addictive, and easy-to-learn geometric puzzle game in which players race against the timer and against each other to solve a puzzle of interlocking shapes.
- Black & Decker Toy Tool Kit – this fun 50 piece set has everything your favorite mini construction worker needs to set up their own shop!
- Lego Yoda Alarm Clock – this cool clock combines two things most kids love: Star Wars and Legos … win-win!
Did you get some good ideas? I hope so!
Let’s get back to that DIY Kids Fishing Game!
This game is the perfect way to use up odds and ends of fabric. I chose three bright options, but anything would work.
- 1 18-inch dowel (5/16-inch diameter)
- super glue
- strong magnets
- fish template (scroll to end of post)
- cotton fabric of your choice
- sewing pins
- sewing machine
- hand-sewing needle
Start by making the fishing rod. Wrap the twine around one end of the dowel a couple time. Saturate the twine with super glue to hold it in place.
Wrap the other end of the twine around a magnet a couple time and hold it in place with the glue, as well. Set aside to dry.
Drop 2 magnets into the nose of the fish, then stuff the fish with batting.
Are you shopping for any kids this year?
P.S. Check out the rest of the posts in this series: easy Peppermint Bark + a Foodie Gift Guide, DIY Tassel Wine Charms + Mens and Womens Gift Guides, and DIY Wood Slice Snowflake Coasters + Home Gift Guide.
P.P.S. Looking for more holiday inspiration? Check out my DIY or Buy Gift Guides from last year!
- DIY Salted Caramel Sauce + Foodie Gift Guide
- DIY Kids Treasure Box + Kids Gift Guide
- DIY Personalized Notepads + Mens and Womens Gift Guides
- DIY Vintage French Map Coasters + Home Gift Guide
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).
I’m linking up with I Heart Naptime.