This at home date night ideas post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ServeWithACoke #CollectiveBias
Want to spend more time with your sweetie? Try one of these 30 fun and creative ideas for date night at home!
My husband travels for work, and it’s rare that he’s home during the week. Which means that weekends are the perfect time for us to reconnect and catch up!
Although we love going out, sometimes there’s nothing better than spending a romantic night at home. I love any chance to relax together after a long week, and all it takes for a memorable night is a fun activity and delicious food and drink.
Joel and I recently had a fun date night at home, and it was the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Our night was spent chatting and laughing over a delicious meal, and the best part was there was no cooking involved. Yes!
Keep reading to learn how you can recreate my date night, plus I’m sharing 30 more at home date night ideas that will keep you busy all summer long!
My husband and I love sushi, but it’s pretty rare that we go out for it. I’m not sure why, but it never seems to happen.
So last week when I was at Kroger, inspiration struck … I’d plan a sushi night at home! Kroger had everything I needed for our at home date night, and like I said earlier, there was no cooking involved (unless you count heating up some edamame … ha!).
I picked up two kinds of sushi—veggie rolls for me and a mixed box for him. For drinks, I got smartwater and Diet Coke®, which paired perfectly with our dinner.
This fun night was so affordable, and I don’t know about you, but I love cheap date night ideas!
To make the meal feel a little more special, I took the sushi, wasabi, and ginger out of the box and arranged everything on a plate.
I also put soy sauce in a little dish and heated up the edamame and sprinkled it with a little salt.
Of course, I couldn’t forget our drinks! Texas summers are hot, so I served the smartwater over ice, which was so refreshing!
This presentation and fun date idea only took a minute to get ready, but it made it feel like we were eating out. Check out the Coca-Cola website for more fun and easy meal pairing ideas!
I’m so glad I found out about this meal deal, and I know I’ll be recreating this date night in the future.
It was super easy, so delicious, and totally effortless. I love these kinds of romantic date night ideas … all fun and no stress.
We spent the evening talking and laughing at our chopstick mishaps. Then, we split the Diet Coke after dinner while catching the sunset on our terrace.
It was perfect!
30 At Home Date Night Ideas
After our romantic night at home, I was inspired to come up with more home date night ideas.
I’ve got at home date night ideas here for every couple … from funny to romantic. So tuck those kids into bed, then try one or try them all!
- Pull out your favorite board games and have game night.
- Grab a blanket and clean out your refrigerator for a backyard picnic.
- Hold a spa night complete with DIY pedicures, homemade masks, and a bubble bath for two.
- Pop a bootcamp workout into your DVD player and sweat it out together.
- Binge watch a new or favorite TV show.
- Find a few delicious sounding recipes and cook a meal together.
- Camp out in your backyard or living room.
- Make a big batch of popcorn and cuddle up on the couch for movie night.
- Light some candles and give each other massages.
- Buy a bunch of novelty food (like drinks or candy with strange flavors) and do a taste test.
- Work on a fun DIY project together.
- Go through your old photo albums and relive your favorite memories.
- Brainstorm vacation ideas and plan your next getaway or simply daydream about the possibilities.
- Raid your cupboards for random ingredients, then hold a cooking competition.
- Play 20 Questions. (One person comes up with a subject, then the other person ask yes or no questions until they guess what it is.)
- Spend a night in Italy, France, or another dream location. Pick a destination, then cook a themed meal, listen to music, and watch a movie from your chosen country.
- Have a video game competition.
- Talk about your dreams for your family and make a five year plan to achieve them.
- Read a book together (ahead of time), then have a Book Club discussion.
- Get dressed up in your best clothes, turn on some music, and spend the evening dancing.
- Sing along to your favorite songs (find videos online) for an at home karaoke night.
- Put a puzzle together.
- Write down your 10 favorite memories as a couple, then share them with each other.
- Go stargazing in your backyard or on your roof. Download an app to help identify constellations.
- Pull out your coloring books and do some adult coloring together.
- Recreate your first date.
- Research your genealogy and create a family tree.
- Have a water fight or run through the sprinklers.
- Grab some snacks and watch a game together.
- Turn off the lights and anything else electronic, then light some candles and spend the evening reconnecting.
I hope these stay at home date night ideas for couples inspired you to plan your own romantic night at home!
Don’t forget to stop by your local Kroger to pick-up everything you need for this fun date night … and make sure to check out the Coca-Cola website for more fun pairing ideas with Diet Coke and smartwater!
What are your favorite stay at home date night ideas?