How is it August already? This summer is flying by! I hope you've been able to enjoy it.
Gorgeous sunflowers (and big bees!) at the Wyckoff House Museum.
July was a crazy month. There was so much going on and I was sick for a week, so I'm hoping August is a little more relaxing. I'd like to get to the beach at some point, too. The Rockaways are calling my name!
A few highlights of my month:
- My DIY Bubble Wands were featured on MarthaStewart.com! To say I was excited would be an understatement!
- I went to an event for the Swash Clothing Care System. It refreshes your clothes - including wool, cashmere, and other picky fabrics - in 10 minutes. This thing is seriously cool, and I'd love one for my closet. Celeb stylist Kate Young was there and it was held at the Standard High Line, so great clothes and great views, too!
- There was lots of fun to be had hanging out with Rodney the cat. We'll actually be cat sitting again this weekend ... makes me wish I had my own pet.
- Our friends Dan and Stacey and their lovely little munchkins David and Olivia visited us, and we had a fun couple days on the water and in the parks.
- I tasted tons of awesome food at the Fancy Food Show. I'd love to go back next year!
- Yesterday, I went to a really unique event featuring wine from Moldova, which is a small country located between Romania and Ukraine. It was interesting to learn about the rich history of wine-making there, and of course, to taste the amazing wines! Moldovian wines are actually not available in the U.S. yet, but hopefully that will change soon.
- I went to a natural dyeing workshop at the Wyckoff House Museum. During the class, we harvested plants and used it to dye some yarn and fabric. I'd love to try it on my own.
I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but my memory is short! Anyway, on to my favorite links:
Feeling crafty? Flamingo Toes has a roundup of 15 Quick Sewing Projects for Women, and they're all super cute.
These 5 Ingredient Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Truffles from Minimalist Baker are made with healthy ingredients and look amazing!
Mannequin (styled by Kate Young) at the Swash event. Just checking out the views!
Lay Baby Lay shows us How to Turn Vintage Photos Pink and the result is adorable.
View from the Standard High Line.
Did you know that ice is actually good for your face? Henry Happened has 7 Ice Cube Beauty Hacks that will make you a believer.
This Dill Dip Pull-Apart Bread from Mommy Hates Cooking will cure your strongest carb cravings. Yum!
I attempted Heidi braids! It was actually super easy.
Are your kids always complaining that they're bored? Goedackers has a great roundup of Outdoor Activities for the Entire Year that will keep your family busy this summer and beyond!
If you're a cheesecake love like me, don't miss Inside BruCrew Life's Cherry Cheesecake Brownies. Not only does she share that delicious recipe, but she rounds up a bunch of other cheesecake recipes, too! #CheesecakeHeaven
At the Wines of Moldova tasting ... it was hard work, but someone had to do it;)
I'm in love with Classy Clutter's DIY Wood Scalloped Wall Tutorial. Seriously cool!
This Rustic Blueberry Slab from A Sprinkle of This and That is gorgeous and easy to make. I love the unique ingredients she used, too.
Checking out the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry.
Looking for a fun embellishment? Visit Hands Occupied to learn How to Make a Pom Pom.
Did you know that you can Make Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Oven (via Luv a Bargain)? Ingenious!
The Naumburg Bandshell in Central Park ... I caught this guy at just the right moment!
Pretty Queen Anne's Lace!
Finally, let's kick off the weekend with a libation! This Watermelon Beer Cocktail from Unusually Lovely looks like the perfect summer drink. Cheer to that!
How was your July?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!