This Instant Pot Pasta with Feta, Olives, and Basil is an easy, delicious dinner recipe that’s ready in minutes!
This post contains affiliate links.
Are you looking for a super tasty dinner recipe that’s totally crave-worthy, takes very little effort, and is ready FAST?
Then, this Instant Pot Pasta with Feta, Olives, and Basil is for you!
I love this easy recipe. Even my husband, who is an avowed olive-hater, is a fan. It’s so simple to make, yet the flavors are a.ma.zing.
And did I mention that it only takes four minutes to cook in the Instant Pot? Sounds like the perfect meal for busy weeknights to me!
Are you an Instant Pot fan? Personally, I’m obsessed!
Since I finally got up the guts to try mine (it took a while … ha ha), I’ve been using it three or four times a week. It’s so fun to cook with, and most importantly, the results are delicious (and fast).
The Instant Pot is basically an electric multi-cooker. Which means that it’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more … all in one appliance.
I like using mine (there are different versions, but I have the Instant Pot Duo60) for everything from perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs to mouthwatering soups. But I especially love it for pasta (like this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese … yum!).
Pasta in the Instant Pot cooks up perfectly al dente every time … it’s like magic. And this Instant Pot Pasta with Feta, Olives, and Basil is one of my favorite recipes!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can still make this yummy vegetarian pasta recipe. Just follow the directions for my Easy One Pot Pasta instead.
Instant Pot Pasta Ingredients
This quick Instant Pot pasta recipe uses delicious, easy to find ingredients:
- Pasta – I used Cellentini, which is a tube-shaped pasta with a twist, but other types of pasta (like Penne or Rotini) would work as well.
- Vegetable Broth
- Canned Diced Tomatoes – I like using Fire-Roasted Tomatoes for this recipe, but regular tomatoes are fine, too.
- Kalamata Olives
- Onions and Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Spices – basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes
- Feta Cheese – Skip the cheese to make this recipe vegan.
- Fresh Basil
You won’t believe all the flavor that these simple ingredients give this yummy pressure cooker pasta recipe!
How to Make Instant Pot Pasta with Feta, Olives, and Basil
What I love about pasta in the pressure cooker is that you basically throw everything in, and a few minutes later you have a delish dinner waiting for you to enjoy.
Watch the video below to see just how simple this pasta in the Instant Pot is to make! Then, keep reading for the step-by-step recipe.
This vegetarian Instant Pot pasta recipe couldn’t get much easier. Basically, you’re going to add all the ingredients (except the feta and basil) to the pot, then give everything a good mix. Try to make sure most of the pasta is submerged in the broth, but don’t worry if it sticks out a little bit.
Put on the lid and turn the steam release valve on top to sealing. Then, press the Pressure Cook button and set your pot to cook at high pressure for four minutes. (If your Instant Pot doesn’t have a Pressure Cook button, use the Manual button. They do the same thing.)
Tip: it takes a while for the Instant Pot to come to pressure before it will start cooking … probably about 5 to 10 minutes. Just be patient and let the pressure cooker do its thing.
Once the time is up, turn the pressure release valve to quick release (I like to use a wood spoon for this, as you can see in the video). Remove the lid, stir in the reserved feta and basil, and dinner is served! Wasn’t that easy?
Tip: There will be a decent amount liquid left in Instant Pot when it’s finished cooking. The pasta will absorb some of this as you stir it and as it sits. However, if you’d like a thicker sauce, turn your Instant Pot to Saute and cook the sauce until some of the liquid evaporates. Just keep in mind that the pasta will continue to cook as well, and it won’t be as firm when you’re done.
How to Customize Instant Pot Pasta to Your Taste
Once your learn how to make this simple vegetarian Instant Pot pasta, you can have fun changing up the ingredients!
Here are some idea to try:
- Try other pasta shapes. I’ve used penne and even linguine (break it in half to fit the pot), and they both worked great.
- For a Puttanesca-style sauce, skip the basil (dried and fresh) and feta. Add two tablespoons capers with the pasta and other ingredients, then stir in about a quarter cup chopped flat-leaf parsley before serving.
- Replace the basil and oregano with dried thyme and add a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts to the pot along with the other ingredients. When the pasta is done cooking, stir in a bag of baby spinach leaves.
A recipe this easy really shouldn’t be this delicious! Serve it on a busy weeknight or even to guests.
Once you try this vegetarian Instant Pot Pasta with Feta, Olives, and Basil, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Instant Pot Pasta with Feta, Olives, and Basil
- 1 (16-ounce) package cellentini, or other pasta shape
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- large handful basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Add pasta, broth, tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper to Instant Pot.
- Mix well, then use a spoon to push as much pasta under liquid as possible.
- Secure lid and set pressure release valve to sealing. Select Pressure Cook (or Manual) button, then set to High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- When time is up, do a Quick Release, then open lid.
- Stir in feta and basil (reserve some of each for a garnish, if desired), then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with reserved feta and basil, if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for more recipes like this Instant Pot Pasta?
If you enjoyed this yummy recipe, make sure to try my Instant Pot Mac and Cheese … it’s super creamy and cheesy!
And here are some other easy pasta recipes you’ll like, too:
- Four Cheese Tomato Basil Crock Pot Lasagna
- Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- Easy 15-Minute Tomato Basil Pasta
- Cheesy Veggie Pasta Bake
What is your favorite Instant Pot recipe?