This Layered Pumpkin Mousse is filled with rich, fall flavors that are impossible to resist!
Right now, I am on a quest to enjoy fall as much as possible. The weather has been sunny and crisp (perfect for long walks in Central Park), I’ve brought my sweaters and boots back into rotation, and after a hot summer, I’m enjoying the warmth of fall foods. If there is one food that screams fall to me, it’s pumpkin. From lattes to blondies, I’m a fan.
I love layered desserts – it’s such an easy way to make an impressive looking treat. Since I’ve been so into pumpkin this fall, I thought it would be fun to create a Layered Pumpkin Mousse.
You are going to love the light and pretty layers of this dessert and the spicy, crunchy topping made from ginger snap cookies, another of my fall favorites.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (14-oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- dash nutmeg
- 8 ginger snaps (the crunchy kind)
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip cream and sugar until a soft peak forms. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Add cream cheese and brown sugar to the mixing bowl and beat until completely smooth, scraping down the bowl a few times during the process.
- Add pumpkin and spices to the cream cheese. Mix until incorporated.
- Using a spatula, gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Be gentle; you want to keep as much air in the cream as possible. Set aside.
- Place half of the ginger snaps in the bowl of a food processor and process until you have chunky crumbs. Don’t over-process; you want to keep some texture and crunch. Set aside.
- Add 1/8 of the pumpkin mixture to the bottom of each of four glass.
- Next add 1/8 of the whipped cream.
- Add another layer of pumpkin, followed by another layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top layer with the ginger snap crumbs.
- Finally, top each cup with a whole ginger snap cookie. (If you are not serving the mousse right away, wait until just before serving to add the crumbs and cookies, otherwise they will get soggy.)
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Doesn’t this Layered Pumpkin Mousse look cute? Make sure to serve it in a clear glass to show off the layers. These stemless wine glasses (affiliate link) are similar to the ones I used.
Are you a fan of pumpkin? What is your favorite way to eat it?
P.S. Like this Layered Pumpkin Mousse recipe? Then, you are going to love all of my parfait recipes … there’s one for every occasion!