Are you getting excited for the Academy Awards this weekend? It’s pretty much the only awards show that I watch every year. The dresses, the movies, the antics … I love it all!
This year, I decided to kick things up a notch. This 2015 Oscar Ballot and Envelope is the perfect addition to any viewing party, even if you’re just hanging out with the fam in your pajamas.
Keep reading for easy step-by-step instructions, plus free printables!
I probably should have shared this a little sooner, but better late than never, right?
Don’t worry though … it only takes a few minutes to assemble these ballots and envelopes. So you still have plenty of time, even if you’re a procrastinator like me!
As you can imagine, there will be glitter everywhere, so assemble the envelopes somewhere that’s easy to clean up! It’s all worth it in the end though. And isn’t everything better with a little glitter anyway?!?
I’ve created a 2015 Oscar Ballot printable for you, so that part is super easy. Just print and cut. Aside from listing all the nominees, there’s also a “My Favorites” page for best/worst dressed, funniest speech, more more.
If you’d like to award a prize to the person who selects the most winners, you can assign points for each category. I suggest:
- Best Picture = 10 points
- Best Actor/Actress = 5 points
- Everything else = 2 points
Want to make you own ballots and envelopes?
- 2015 Oscar Ballot printables (scroll to the end of the post)
- card stock
- x-acto or utility knife
- 2-ply mat board, optional
- gold glitter paper (also available in rolls)
- 2 feet of ribbon per envelope
- glue stick
Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to create your ballot and envelope:
- Download the free printables and print on card stock. For best results, choose “fill page” instead of “shrink to fit” in your printers dialog box before printing.
- Use the x-acto knife to cut the printables in half. Set aside.
- Cut out a piece of card stock or 2-ply mat board measuring 9 x 11.5-inches. I used mat board, but it can be pricey, and card stock works fine. You could also substitute thin cardboard. (Tip: if you can only find 8.5 x 11 card stock, choose “shrink to fit” when printing the printables, and then trim off the excess paper to fit the ballots inside your envelope.)
- Fold card stock/mat board in half (along the 11.5-inch edge)
- Cut out a piece of glitter paper measuring 13 x 11.5-inches.
- Trim the ribbon into two 12-inch pieces.
- Use glue stick to attach ribbon to outside of card stock/mat board on both sides. It should be positioned in the middle of the card stock about 2-inches in (see 3rd row, right pic below).
- Cover the entire outside of the card stock/mat board with glue (be generous, especially over ribbon).
- Smooth glitter paper over card stock/mat board, working out any bubbles.
- Flip envelope over and fold up excess glitter paper to create a pocket.
- Apply a thin strip of glue to edges and center of envelope to secure pocket.
- Let envelope dry completely, then tuck in ballots, close envelope, and tie bow to secure.
Are you a fan of the Academy Awards, too? What is your favorite part?
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Oscars Noms Party Giveaway. You could win a Steaming Media Player of your choice!