Set a beautiful Thanksgiving table with these fun tips and beautiful serving pieces!
1. Gold Flatware / 2. Salt and Pepper Cellars / 3. White Serving Bowls / 4. Tiered Stand (similar) / 5. Gold Rim Chargers / 6. Yellow Bowls (similar) / 7. Acacia Wood Plates / 8. Wine Glasses / 9. Place Cards / 10. Napkins / 11. Table Runner / 12. Placemats
One of my most memorable Thanksgivings happened about five years ago. My husband’s family was visiting us in San Francisco, and I was cooking the big dinner. Joel had just headed to the grocery store to pick up our turkey, and I was finishing things up at home. It was pretty low-key!
For dessert, I was made a pumpkin cheesecake. After taking it out of the oven, I set the pan on the stove top. I was chatting with out guests, so I wasn’t paying close attention to the stove, but a few minutes later I smelled something burning.
Turns out the cheesecake was too close to a burner and corner was burned. The Pyrex pan holding it was steaming hot, so I grabbed the pan and set it on a nearby cutting board. As I was standing over the cheesecake, trying to decide if it could be salvaged, when pan exploded!
Thankfully, no one was hit with any flying glass. All we could do was laugh, and I was still laughing when my husband called a few minutes later to let me know that the turkey, although cooked, still needed to be heated.
Needless to say, dinner was served a few hours late that year!
How to Set a Beautiful Thanksgiving Table
With all that can go wrong preparing the meal, I like to keep everything else easy. Here’s how you can create a casual, collected table:
- Mix and match your dishes. Pair your everyday plates with a few special pieces.
- Have fun with patterns and textures. Combine smooth, cool ceramics with warm wood.
- Add a little bling. I’m in love with that pretty, gold silverware.
- Throw in a fun element, like the salt and pepper cellars.
- Make things a little special and choose pretty linens.
- Wine is mandatory! Use your best glasses.
- Personalize the table. I love the printable Leaf Place Cards that I created for my Fall Inspired Tablescape.
- Remember to give thanks! These Free Thanksgiving Printables are a great way to do it!
- Give the kids something to do. They’ll love coloring in this Happy Fall printable coloring page.
What is your most memorable Thanksgiving story?