Happy Labor Day to all my U.S. friends! I hope you have a fun and relaxing day planned.
Yesterday was so hot. I wasn’t expecting it, and my husband and I made plans to go to Governors Island. It’s one of my favorite places, but we spent the entire afternoon outside. The trip was super fun/miserable. Let’s just say that I couldn’t wait to crank up the A/C when we arrived home.
Hot, humid weather always makes me crave a cool drink. Iced tea is my favorite, and it’s even better mixed with something fruity. So when I bought some sweet, juicy peaches recently, I did a little experimenting and created this Mint Peach Green Tea Cooler.
I’m a huge green tea drinker, whether it’s iced in summer and hot in winter. It’s full of healthy antioxidants and even contains a natural chemical called theanine that provides a calming effect. On the flip side, I know that some people find green tea bitter and grassy-tasting. If that sounds like you, then you have to try this cooler!
It’s made with freshly brewed green tea that’s cooled off quickly with an easy trick (no refrigeration needed). Sweet peaches are blended with a bit of sugar – add more or less depending on your taste and the peaches’ sweetness – and then added to the tea. Mint adds fragrant finishing touch.
I made my tea in individual glasses, but feel free to make a big batch. Just remember to use a heat proof pitcher (ask me how I know that!).
Treat yourself to a glass of this fruity and refreshing Mint Peach Green Tea Cooler while we still have a little summer left!
- 8 bags green tea
- Small bunch mint
- 2 large peaches
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tall, heat proof glasses
- Ice cubes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place 2 tea bags, plus a sprig of mint in each glass.
- Fill glasses 1/3 full with boiling water and let tea steep for 5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, cut one of the peaches into large chunks.
- Place peaches and sugar in the blender and puree until smooth.
- After tea has steeped, remove tea bags and mint.
- Add two ice cubes to each glass and stir vigorously until melted.
- To each glass, add 3 tbsp. peach puree and stir until combined.
- Fill each glass to top with ice.
- Cut remaining peach into 12 wedges.
- Add two wedges to each glass.
- Garnish each glass with a peach wedge and a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately.
What’s your favorite hot weather drink?
P.S. There’s still time to shop Labor Day deals at Nordstrom, Target, Lulu & Georgia, and more!
I’m linking up with these link parties, as well as Inspire Me Tuesday, Much Ado About Monday, Lou Lou Girls, Tutorials & Tips, The Scoop, Tweak It Tuesday, The Makers, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Create & Share, Make Bake Create, Work It Wednesday, Creative Inspirations, Pin It Thursday, I Heart Naptime, Eat. Create. Party!, Flaunt It Friday, Best of the Weekend, Inspire Me Please, Family Fun Friday, Frugal Friday, Project Stash, Say G’Day, Saturday Sparks, Showlicious, Saturday Night Fever, and Inspiration Monday.