Learn how to make the cutest DIY Tassel Wine Charms!
The fun charms are the perfect way to tell wine glasses apart at a party, easy to make, and they're a great gift idea, too!
I’m so excited to share this tutorial for DIY Tassel Wine Charms today!
I love wine, so I'm always on the lookout for cute wine accessories. When I spotted some cute tasseled wine charms on Bauble Bar recently, I thought "I can make that!"
My DIY Wine Charms are very easy to make, especially if you have any jewelry making skills. And best of all, they can be customized in the recipients favorite colors.
DIY Tassel Wine Charms
Have you ever mixed up your wine glass with someone else?
It's easy to do at a party. Wine charms are a great way to keep track of your glass, plus they just look pretty!
These DIY Tassel Wine Charms are easy and fun to make. They'd make a great gift for wine aficionados and anyone who loves entertaining.
Ready to make your own wine charms? Here's what you'll need:
- 4 coordinating shades of embroidery floss
- 4 2-inch eye pins
- jewelry making tools: cutter, round nose pliers, and chain nose pliers
- 4 bead cones
- 4 hoop earrings
How to Make Tassel Wine Charms
Cut six 3-inch pieces of embroidery thread (avoid any pieces with kinks).
Hold the pieces together and pull them through the loop of the eye pin. This can be a little tricky! Wet the ends and press them together to make it easier.
Cut another piece of embroidery thread and wrap it around the other strands, near the eye pin. Tie a double knot, then trim the ends.
Cut the ends of the tassel so it's about 1-inch long.
Pull the straight part of the eye pin through a bead cap, then make a loop near the top of the cap using the round nose pliers.
Hold the loop in place with the chain nose pliers, then wrap the excess wire a few times below the loop.
Trim the excess wire and use the chain nose pliers to press the cut end in so it doesn't scratch anyone.
Slide the charm onto a hoop earring
Then use the chain nose pliers to bend the straight edge of the hoop up 90 degrees (about ½-inch from the end).
Trim the wire to about ¼ inch, then tuck the end into the open loop.
Your DIY Tassel Wine Charm is complete! Repeat this process to make more charms.
I love how cute these wine charms turned out to be, and they really were easy to make.
Make a set for your friends and one for yourself, too!
More DIY Gift Idea
If you're looking for more fun gift ideas, then you'll love my:
- White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Wood Slice Snowflake Coasters
- Kids Fishing Game
- DIY Salted Caramel Sauce
- DIY Kids Treasure Box
- DIY Personalized Notepads
- DIY Vintage French Map Coasters
There isn't time to make a gift for everyone on our lists, so today I'm sharing mens and womens gift guides below, too!
- Luckies of London Scratch Map - anyone who enjoys traveling will look forward to returning home from a trip and scratching off their latest destination.
- Nordstrom Plaid Cashmere Scarf - treat your guy to a super soft scarf that he'd never buy for himself.
- Redeem Come True Battery Pack - this cool chargers will keep his phone juiced in true Jedi fashion. The battery packs come in Light Saber and R2D2 versions, so choose wisely.
- Dylan's Candy Bar 'Everything Under the Sun' Paint Can - any man with a sweet tooth will love this package filled with Jolly Ranchers, Starburst, Skittles, and more!
- Nordstrom 'Potomac' Moccasin Slipper - keep his feet warm with these cozy slippers!
- Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker - this awesome machine makes breakfast sandwiches from fresh ingredients in just five minutes. It's perfect for someone who just moved into his first apartment or any guy who loves a good breakfast. Actually, I'd like one myself, too!
- The Kaufmann Mercantile Guide: How to Split Wood, Shuck an Oyster, and Master Other Simple Pleasures by Alexandra Redgrave - this cool book is organized into five sections (Kitchen, Outdoors, Home, Gardening, and Grooming) and features detailed instructions for tasks both simple, such as brewing the perfect cup of coffee, and exploratory, such as fording a stream and reading the sky.
- The Cambridge Satchel Company 13-Inch 'Batchel' - upgrade his work bag with a gorgeous satchel he'll carry for years.
- Diana F+ Instant Camera - this iconic camera is the ideal gift for a photography lover.
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker - this portable speaker makes a great gift for a music lover. The sleek style comes in multiple colors, so choose his fave.
- Globe Jotter - here's another gift that any traveler would love. He can write on this globe to keep track of his favorite destinations!
- The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray: A Critical Appreciation of the World's Finest Actor by
- S'well 'Stone Collection - Onyx' Stainless Steel Water Bottle - this sharp water bottle will make his workouts more stylish!
- Fossil 'Grant' Leather Strap Watch - watches are a wonderful gift because they last a long time and the wearer will think of you whenever he puts it on. This one is especially cool, because you can see the inner workings of the watch through the face.
- Corkcicle Whiskey Wedge Glass with Silicon Ice Mold - perfect for whiskey lovers, this innovative whiskey wedge will keep his cocktail cold without diluting it.
Okay, on to the ladies!
- Alex and Ani Chain Station - build her a personalized necklace made from Alex and Ani's gorgeous, handcrafted charms ... she'll cherish it!
- theBalm Autobalm Face Palette - theBalm is one of my favorite makeup brands, and these multipurpose shades are everything she needs to do her face. Choose from California and Hawaii palettes.
- PJ Salvage Thermal Knit Sleep Shirt - how cute are these PJs? They come in multiple colors/patterns, and I love the thumbholes!
- MUK LUKS 'Arden' Cable Knit Bootie Slippers - I adore my MUK LUKS slippers and so will she; they are so cozy and cute!
- Kate Spade New York 'One in a Million' Business Card Holder - has your favorite lady started a new job or been promoted? Give her a personalized case to hold her new business cards.
- Glossed and Found Wallet - this pretty wallet will keep her purse organized and stylish!
- Sophisticated Simplicity Jewelry Box - I love this jewelry box's minimal style. It has room to hold her favorite pieces and even comes with a mirror.
- ban.do 'Back Me Up' Battery Pack - help her keep her phone charged with this cute gold dot battery pack.
- Slant Collections 'Yay!' Stemless Wine Glasses - aren't these glasses adorable! Pair them with a bottle of wine, and your gift is complete.
- Fully Punctual Watch Set - this rose gold watch is so pretty, and she can even change the bands to match her outfits!
- Parkhurst Cable Knit Mittens - if you're not sure what to buy, go for something practical AND cute, like these sweet mittens!
- ban.do 'I'm Outta Here' Luggage Tag - does she love to travel? Then she'll get a kick out of this fun luggage tag!
- Street Level Reversible Faux Leather Tote and Wallet - this combo is affordable and stylish, plus it comes in a bunch of great color combinations ... choose her fave!
- Rewined Rose Candle - this candle smells amazing ... think bright aromas of lush red fruit balanced by a sophisticated floral undertone!
- Lost Ocean by Johanna Basford - have you caught onto the coloring book craze yet? It's fun and relaxing and would make a great gift for anyone in need of a little creativity. This brand new book is filled with beautiful drawings. Pair it with these Gelly Roll Moonlight Gel Pens (the colors are amazing) or a set of Prismacolor Erasable Colored Pencils.